The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Ok you 'old' people

I didn't mean to imply that YOU were old! But I must admit Carrie, I laughed so hard at the '30 something nursing home'!

It's just silly that I feel old. And it's the same reason that will make me feel YOUNG in about 10 yrs.

You see, we had Logan at 23, Miles at 27. All of you people in your 30's who didn't start having children until then got to LIVE a little before children.
We got married and 5 months later found I was pregnant.
23 people!
If you waited until your 30's to have children, think about what you were doing at 23. Hanging out with your old college friends, hanging out at the bar or going out to eat at nice restaurants. (OK, so I was lame at 22. You probably did cooler things then I did!)
I was changing diapers and eating take out pizza.
And LOVING it! I swear! I truly was ready to be a mom.
I didn't feel like I missed out on anything at that time.
And I know I really DIDN'T miss out on anything!
The reason THIS birthday has been the hardest for me I really think is because my life is finalized now. I have my 2 children. There will be no more pregnancies for me. I will sit back and watch my 2 boys grow. And I know they will grow fast.
It's the 'OK, this is my life. It will always be this way...so now you may just grow old' stupid thinking.
Soon Logan will be 8 and Miles will be 4...(and I'll be 32)
Then, Logan will be 13 and Miles will be 9...(and I'll be 37)
And THAT my friends is when I bet that I'm going to feel YOUNG! haha!
Don't even get me started on when Logan is 20 and Miles is 16 (and I am 43)
So, in 9 yrs (because we all know I'll still be blogging in 9 yrs, right?) when I am breaking out the party hats and thinking how GREAT it is that I am ONLY 37, you all remind me how silly I was back at 28.

You know what? I'm not feeling so old anymore after all!
I should have just written this post YESTERDAY!!

Speaking of my birthday.
I had about a week of fun mini celebrations:

First, I got my ears pierced (well, 2 weeks ago, but still!)I scrapped 12 hrs on Saturday
I had a stamping club day on Monday night.
Yesterday, I got a haircut, new highlights and a cute new shawl and shoes to match a dress I'm wearing this weekend for the wedding.
We also went out to DINNER! JUST ME AND DAVE! (where the waitress was kind enough to spill my ENTIRE cup of chipotle ranch dressing all over me. hair, shirt, pants...nice, huh?)

I had a wonderful day. (And pretty good coffee to wallow in yesterday morning)

So, all you wonderful friends. I don't think YOU are old! Hell, I've met Carrie and if any of you are like her, she is WAY more 'hip' then I ever was or probably ever WILL be! 30's must be pretty fun! I'm on my way! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Misti said...

I had my first at 21 and my last at 30. Crazy to think about it like that.
Just remember age is just a #. I will be turning 31 this month and some days i feel old.

10:26 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

This post made me feel better .. hehe. I was 24 when Chip was born and 27 when I had Skyla .. no wonder you and I get along so good, we have a lot in common hehe.

11:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your youth there dear! Ahhh to be 28. Oh my, I was a Hooter girl at 28! Of course that was many years and many pounds ago.

At 28, naps were a luxury and not a necessity. Now at 38 I need my naps to keep up with my little wild people!

Happy belated birthday there young princess! (Donna)

9:28 PM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Happy Birthday!! (a little late here, sorry)
I feel the same way many days. I feel so young, like I should still be out having fun like I did when I was 22. And then the reality that I'm here married, 2 small children, and my oh-so-put together life hits.
You know we'd probably want this life if we were on the other side- single, carefree, childless, still out partying all the time. Then we'd want a nice husband, kids, and house to settle down with.

3:48 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Lucky Lum,
you are 100% correct!!
I totally agree with you!

4:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home