The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Let us talk...plastic surgery

First though, I think Mr. Miles is just trying to get to me.
Today, I was gone from 7:45am-8:15pm (insert the singing angels praising the Lord for such an awesome break)
I did 23 PAGES in my scrapbook!
I had a glorious day, and reveled in all things scrapworthy (although I of course didn't win ANY door prizes...the story of my life. I truely think that you are either lucky in that aspect or not. I've NEVER been lucky having my name drawn out of a little bucket, you?)
I left, and realized I forgot the pictures. I came back and guess who started crying as I walked past? You got it. Dave said he barely cried the rest of the day.
Do I take this as he LOVES me so, or dislikes me so?
I think I'll take the first.
The GOOD news is that I'll be all energized to spend the day with him tomorrow! :):)
Before the plastic surgery, I must point out the post that made me laugh so hard that I had to call Dave in the room.
Read it!
Dad Gone Mad

Now, I'm assuming most, if not all of my blogger friends are women. If not, the men would be a great imput in this conversation.
(yes my friends, this is a post that I'm not allowing you to lurk on. Speak up! Tell me your thoughts!!)
GOD do I want some things in my body restored.
That's a good way of looking at it, right?
I mean, it once was, I want it back!
I want a flat belly. I want perky boobs.
Is that too much to ask for?
I'm only 27 (for 4 more days...not willing to say 28 until I HAVE to!)
I'm done having children.
I want to LOOK like a late 20 something.

SO.........
Dave always tells me I can have a boob job some day if I want it. I used to be offended with that until I had Miles and realized that any and all boob that I once had has LEFT the building folks. Gone, poof, left with a little sag to remind me of what once was.
If YOU had the chance, and money wasn't the option (which isn't the case here, I'm dreaming of a future when I CAN do this) WOULD you?
Would you go into surgery JUST for bigger perky boobs? (for the record, I don't want big boobs. I'm a small person. I'm only 5'3 and about 127lbs. I want boobs...period)
Would you get your stomach back to the point where it looked before pregnancy?

And come on, BE honest! Don't give me that 'it's for a good reason, they're my battle scars' crap!
Be HONEST!
If I gave you $10,000 to get new boobs and a flat belly, WOULD YOU?????

Men, if there are any...
NO hallmark answer either.
If your wives (or significant others) had the opportunity to exchange the post partum body for a few upgrades, what would you think about that.

16 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

Holy Moly I would NOT want bigger boobs. The ones I've got have been causing back pain all my life (well, since they sprouted). I'd like smaller ones, though. And perkier. Sure.
If you gave me the $10K only for the surgery, sure I would. But, you have to watch me. I'd probably spend that money before I got to the docs...

10:44 AM

 
Blogger Misti said...

I am not sure if i could go through that surgery. In theory, YES!!! i would jump at the chance to get a flatter belly and fix my belly button. I could probably hang with the boobs i got.
But the pain!! I don't know if it would be worth it.

12:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to get bigger boobs! I am in the same boat as you, NO BOOBS LEFT. All I want is a large B and I will be happy.

7:27 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

I want smaller boobs too. I would do it if I knew *for sure* we were done having babies.

7:47 PM

 
Blogger dawnamarie said...

Ok, I've always had really large boobs(at 13 I was in a large C cup), so I know nothing of this small chest stuff, but I have always sort of felt sorry for the more flat chested of us women. Mostly because, I have big boobs, and I know what fabulous uses they have(makes nursing more difficult though). IF I have very small boobs, and had the opportunity to get bigger ones, yes I would do it. Even though I hate how big mine are, and would like to go down to maybe a C, rather than a D, so that all the super cute show off your boobs shirts actually fit me, I'd still hate to be very small chested. I know nothing of flat belly, I've never had one, always been a bit on the chubby side. I'm good with that.

9:08 PM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Girl, the answer is "whatever makes you happy." If you're happier with the flatter tummy and enhanced boobs, go for it, but do it for you and no one else.

And oh yeah, I would. You're only as young and beautiful as your plastic surgeon can make you!

10:36 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

My boobs are huge .. just about 5 inches lower than they oughta be so I would love to have them pulled back up to where they are supposed to. And for the belly .. lyposuction would be a wonderful thing. In theory it all sounds great but not sure if I could actually go through with it.

11:54 AM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

First I would have to get a nose job. But if you were handing out money I'd take a boob job too. Not really into the liposuction, I'm ok with my belly.

2:20 PM

 
Blogger lisa said...

First- show us the pages!! Pleeeeease?

I've kind of gotten used to my small boobs, so I'll keep them. I would like the tummy flab gone, but not enough to undergo surgery. If I get motivated enough I might try crunches, though.

However- I would pay to get lipo on my butt. It's the one thing keeping me from being a size 4 again. I used to say it was my hips, but I'm out of denial now. I have a huge butt, and I'm not proud of it!

2:59 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

If someone could wave a magic wand and give me a flat tummy or smaller thighs, I'd totally go for it. But I'd never have surgery to acheive that. I just don't think that it's worth the risk.

But that's my opinion. If it will enhance your life, I say go for it. I'm behind you 100%!

And congrats on your day off!

7:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How to be a cool but responsible parent
I love 'How To' articles. I like to think there is an right way to do just about anything and if only I could find the instructions I'd be able to do anything.
Real cool blog, looks like you put a lot of work into it. I will check back often to see what's current.

Wow! What a great Blog... I will check back often for current information.

If you get a chance check out my discount laptop toshiba web site/blog. It's a great source if you're interested in discount laptop toshiba related products.

8:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I would definitely do it. I'm of the "if it makes you happy and you can afford it.." group. I have had elective plastic surgery. 2 years ago I had a nose job and the fat taken out of my lower eyelids. The eyelids were kind of added on as extra. It was the nose job that I wanted desperately. My nose wasn't bad just...annoying to me. I hated it my whole life and wanted it a little smaller and the thing that bugged me the most because a LOT of people would comment on it was when I spoke, the tip would turn down. I hated it! So I had it fixed and I absolutely love it. I wouldn't change it for the world and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Both procedures (one surgery) was worth every penny of the $7000 we spent on it.

So yeah...I'm definitely for plastic surgery :-).

8:48 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Yeah Jen go check out those toshiba laptops...

what's up with that

And MD totally does NOT need a boob job. We've all seen pics of her rack. Well, in her shirts at least.

9:51 PM

 
Blogger Katy said...

You biatch...try being 31 LOL!!! Maybe we could get a two for one special on the boob jobs. Keep those girls sitting pretty. Hell, I would just be happy to have girls,;)
Anyway, Happy Birthday youngin'

5:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. If the money was earmarked and that was the only way to spend it. I would love a laser bra...those look so cool, I don't need bigger boobs...D's are quite large enough, but they are a little ummm...deflated...after nursing for how many years???...and I had a botched Csection 8 years ago, so I would love to have my belly cleaned up. As it is there is no way to get it flat because the scar tissue has done some weird twisted things (Literally).

7:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think great boobs are worth it! I'm in the same boat as you and I do plan on having mine made perkier in another year or two. I can't wait!

10:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home