The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Way Back Wednesday

Bad hair pictures
Go visit Carrie's other blog to see who else is playing!


OK, I must tell the story first.
You think you're cheap?
I can beat you! I ALWAYS try to save a buck, which in turn usually makes me have to spend double the money because whatever I tried to save money on usually goes bad.
Imagine my excitement when I was driving down the road and I hear, "FREE highlights with haircut! Offer expires SOON, so make your appt today!"
WOW! I call and schedule my appt. I didn't think it was normal that the receptionist really had a hard time deciding who could do my hair seeing it was only on the phone, but I still couldn't beat that deal!
I get there, and it was just a tiny salon.
I get called back and as I was walking I started small talk. My stylist only smiled back, no comment. Weird I thought.
Then, the receptionist came up and said, "I'll have to translate for her, as she only speaks a little English"
Yes, little flashing lightbulbs SHOULD have gone off, but I thought, ok...so you don't have to speak English to do highlights and a haircut. I brought a picture! PLUS, it doesn't take rocket science to put in highlights...
um...
yeah...
SO...
The 'translation' was only English, but LOUDER.
Picture it,
me: "I'd like my hair cut like this picture"
receptionist: pointing at the picture "THIS! CUT THIS! LIKE THIS!"
me: thinking, hmmm....but the DEAL! I can't miss this DEAL
stylist: "ok"
receptionist "HIGHLIGHTS! BLOND HIGHLIGHTS!"
stylist smiling and nodding: "ok...o...k...."
and they walk away.
There is NO ONE ELSE in the salon.

Sure, I'm a bit nervous, but what they hell, right? I mean, it's not like she is going to completely ruin my hair.
This is what I left looking like. A redheaded skunk.




Yes, I cried on the way home. Yes, I called back and talked to the owner who yes, spoke English. He told me that they could fix it, but I would have to pay the $5 color fee. I thought to myself, 'if I have to go somewhere else to fix it it will cost a TON of money' "DEAL!" I said. (yes, I'm SOOOOOOOO cheap!)
He had me come in, non English speaking woman called me back again and I told her translator (the owner who actually DID speak Spanish) that I'd just like my hair colored back to as close as I could.

Yes, then I dealt with overprocessed dry brittle hair forEVER after that!

Now, I just pay the big bucks for the haircut (wishing I could cut my OWN friggin hair) and skip the highlights!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Oddly I think that chunky highlighting is in style nowadays!

Yup, that Nichole charges a heap, but it's nice to know that you are socially acceptable when you leave!!! :)

2:28 PM

 
Blogger Leska McCall said...

What is it with us redheads and thinking we should/can make it better? Check out my story. I can soooo sympathize.

3:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I haven't laughed this hard in such a long time if ever. I was just writing in my blog about my hair and highlights. You are awesome.

9:07 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

i don't think it looks that bad :0
I use to be cheap and color my own hair,not anymore. I am cheaper,lol. My friend has a salon off her house, i watch her 18 month old for a day and she does my hair. Best deal in town.

6:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww I don't think it's that bad actually. But there is nothing worse than FEELING like it's that bad.

2:03 PM

 
Blogger Katy said...

I am not sure, is it okay to giggle?;)

9:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home