The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

FOUR hours!

First and foremost, anyone else just waiting by the edge of their seat to find out how things are going with Grrl?
As a LOOOOOOONG time reader, I'm DYING to hear everything is OK and she's loving up her babe! Apparently we'll be getting all the juicy details here.
----------
As mentioned, the GODS answered our prayers.
Yesterday, Dave and I got FOUR hours of us time. We spent it out on the lake in our boat. It was the first time we got to go alone. It was awesome, relaxing, warm (HOT), SO wonderful. Calm waters, not many boats. Good company, no sunburn...(spf 50 applied over and over again really works! haha) It gave us a taste of US. Of course, it left us wishing that we were able to go home and take a shower and go out to dinner together, get smashing drunk, and have a little 'after hours fun' before picking up the kiddo's, but the point IS is we got FOUR HOURS!
Ahhhhhhh!
-----------
Not much to blog about, oh yeah...maybe I'll blog about the asses we made of ourselves tonight at dinner. Yeah...um...we had Carrie's family over and I had never roasted a chicken before. Yes, I only JUST started eating chicken people. Give me some pasta, some mexican, something NON meat and I'll do fine! Lots of, 'is it done? I don't know? Am I cooking it right? I'don't know! Brandon? Come look at this? Does it taste done?' God we're dopes!
Needless to say, good conversation, actually pretty good food (or so we think, Ask Carrie and Brandon for sure) and adult interaction.
Something tells me that if it were PREbaby (or at least with a babysitter) that we all could have had ourselves a few beers and stayed up later than 7:15, but such is life with small children!
------------
Ah, and the winning state: South Carolina!
Anyone? Anyone?

7 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

I'm dying to know about Grrl. I love her blog and I'm obsessively stalking danae to see if there are posts...

Wonderful day for you two.

We eat chicken a lot, but we're always checking tons to see if its done, sometimes it cooks faster than others.I don't know why. I used to think chicken just hated me.

1:04 AM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Wait! Where's the rest of Grrl's posts? I haven't been there in awhile, what's going on!?!?

Jennifer is very modest. The chicken, potatoes and corn were fantastic! Let us not mention the runny peanut butter tha escaped off of our dessert...that is alllll my fault!

9:22 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Carrie,
Baby is on it's way!!
Maybe baby is already here!!
It's so exciting.
She stopped archiving on her site because apparently someone was stealing her words or something to that fact. So strange!
I too would like to go back and re-read. I'm hoping some day she'll put them back up!

10:14 AM

 
Blogger Misti said...

4 hours!! Wow, consider me jealous. gLad you had some couple time and a great dinner with friends.

10:30 AM

 
Blogger Katy said...

There is nothing better than US time.

1:25 PM

 
Blogger hillary said...

i'm happy for you!

and it hurts that you didn't pick georgia, but i guess south carolina is good. great food and shopping. probably great family fun, too, i don't know....

3:42 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

ohhhh no! No family friendly needed! This trip is SANS CHILDREN!
YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!

12:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home