The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

She's a hero, she's a mom

She's a HERO, she's a mom...you know who SHE is, she's da-da-daaa HERO MOM!

*Sesame Street fans...Hero Guy. You can thank me for getting THAT song in your head now!*

As I'm walking into the livingroom I see it. It's perched every so nicely on the sliding glass door. A spider as big as my head. Well, not really, but DAMN BIG!
DAMN! I think, WHY is Dave not here! I certainly can't LEAVE this here incase it moves and winds up in my bed or something!
CRAP!
I call Dave trying not to freak out in front of the boys even though spiders creep me out SOOOO much!
He tells me where the bug spray is and I make Logan sit on the couch and watch it. "DON'T take your eyes off it for ONE minute! Make sure if it moves, you see where it goes!!" I come back to his HEAD facing the spider, but his EYES are on PBS kids. Yeah, thanks kid. I know who not to trust with the big jobs anymore!

I then perch myself up on the couch and start spraying...pump-spray-pump-spray.
Spidy starts WALKING! I look at the spray, it says 'DEAD bugs, guaranteed!"
Damn! I call Dave, It's not DYING!! Pump-spray-pump-spray.
I have a POOL of bug killer on the tile, but the little ****er seems not to care.
FINALLY, after what seemed like forever, he falls.
I jump, do a little 'ew' dance and then watch it wriggle a bit.
Did I feel bad, as I normally would?...um...not really!
Was I afraid this big mean spider was going to come get me? HELL YES! (or maybe the troop of Spiders watching this horrible killing of the king himself!)

Anyway, after a minute or two of wriggling, his legs stopped moving.
Rest in Peace Spidy.

What does any REAL blogger do?
Why, you guessed it...grab the camera and SNAP A FEW!
Don't ANYONE tell me this isn't big!

8 Comments:

Blogger dawnamarie said...

Had a similar experience, except I'm not afraid of spiders, so in order to scare me, it had to be one hell of a spider. It was this huge black hairy bugger, standing, it was about an inch and a half wide, and had one of those big bubble bodies. Yech. Normally I would just smoosh it, step on it whatever. But this being that it was one of those big juicy splat kind of spiders I couldn't do it. I bug sprayed the poor thing as well, for 10 minutes, then I stuck a bowl over it, with a can of corn on top so it couldn't escape, and left it for my husband. He found it rather amusing.

9:13 AM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

FANTASTIC.

I have to say that as I was reading this I was saying, "How big can this thing be? We're in the North for crying out loud, surely it's not as massive as the spiders we get in TX b/c they NEVER DIE."(it's warm all year)

Yup, that sucker's as big as a Buick! Nice going!!!

12:58 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

EWWWWWWWW! I hate, hate, HATE spiders. I may have a nightmare about that one...and it wasnt even at my house!

1:50 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

ACK!! i hate spiders! Good job getting that huge sucker. Here in AZ, we have so many little creepy crwlers. I hate ut.

2:18 PM

 
Blogger Jstar718 said...

OMG...what the hell kinda spider is that? I've been fighting the spider war myself lately. F**kers been allover my house.

6:12 PM

 
Blogger Katy said...

LMAO... you are my hero.

9:05 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yuck! Glad you took care of it!!!

5:40 AM

 
Blogger Linda said...

Ewwww. That is a big one! I hate spiders too.

9:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home