The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

we're setting up a lemonade stand

except we won't be selling lemonade.

Do you think this will work?

Me, dressed ultra cute...
Dave, in some 'good butt' jeans...(inside joke I bet I share with some of you)
Miles, RIGHT after his nap so he is smiley and happy...
Logan, well, Logan can charm anyone, anytime, so he'd be good to go anytime...


We're going to set up a table at the local movie rental store.
Our sign will read:

**FREE COOKIES** (if you are a girl between 14-17)

Of course, they will approach and think in their head, 'wow! This sure is one cute-cool family! Their children are adorable, and LOOK AT THOSE THIGHS!(On the BABY, NOT me! Remember, I'm cute and cool!!) I could just eat them right up! Oh, and that other child, I bet he is so much fun!'

Then my friends, we move in.

"Oh, so you want a cookie? SURE, let me get one for you!" as we walk slowly back to the jar.

-in comes Logan-
"What's YOUR name? My name is Logan! I think you're pretty. Can you be my friend? Because, my Mommy and Daddy said they really want to go out to supper alone, and I am looking for a friend to play with me a couple times a month. I'm REALLY cute, REALLY well behaved, and I even go to bed early, and never with a fight. Oh, one more thing...I give really good hugs. Here, let me show you!"

-we still wait, chanting in our heads, 'go Logan, go Logan'-

"Here's that cookie! BTW, we're looking for a babysitter a few times---

"I'll DO IT!! Call me ANYTIME!!"

------------
think it will work?

***OK~Do you guys REALLY think I'd do this! This is 100% a J-O-K-E! And thank you for the email telling me it was a bit desperate. Um...yeah...as desperate as we are, I think not! Wow! I'm shocked you guys thought I was serious!!***

11 Comments:

Blogger hillary said...

well...seems a little...creepy. kinda. guess it's a good idea.

man, i could do with a cookie right about now....

12:56 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

JOKING!!
No, I'm not REALLY going to set up a stand auctioning off my children for free cookies!
Just stating how hard it is to find a babysitter...anywhere!

1:23 PM

 
Blogger Jstar718 said...

LOL!
I wasn't sure either if you were kidding or not.

5:27 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Somebody thought you were serious??!! lol!

7:52 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

My hubby and I are ABOUT that desperate too, :)
Bev

8:05 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

OMG I cant' believe people thought you were serious!

I laughed so hard when I read this post and even harder when I read the first comment.

I'd watch them. But, uhm, I'm a far way away.

10:25 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

if you find a good one can we borrow her too?
thats the one thing i miss about living close to family. we always had a babysitter, even if it was last minute. And we never had to pay them :)

12:28 AM

 
Blogger Kari said...

LOL!!!

TOO funny, Jen!
:)

Hope you find a baby sitter so you can have a night out!!!

8:02 AM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

I dunno...might work.

Maybe you and I could work out a date-night schedule...or date-afternoon where we could trade days so that maybe once a month we could go out alone...without kids...and eat a hot meal...we'll chat about it.

12:51 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

HELL yes we'll chat about it!
Lets chat about a Moms dinner out too one of these days, hm?

1:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about Jimmy Buffet Cheeseburger in Paradise
. You can check it out at Jimmy Buffet Cheeseburger in Paradise



Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

11:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home