The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Adult interaction?

You got it!
Dave and I are going away on Saturday for an ENTIRE day/night away from our sweet precious little angels who I swear I don't need a second away from...WHAT? I swear!

We are packing up early Saturday and driving to this beautiful town where I once was a student dreaming of becoming a teacher.

We are going to eat at our FAVORITE sandwich shop, the Acoustic Cafe
Anyone ever been to one of those? If you are ever passing by, you must! Not good for your waistline, but we don't care about that now, do we?

We are procrastinators and waited too long to book a hotel, so they were all booked up. This was a slight problem until I found a beautiful B&B that had an open room! So, we actually get to sleep in a comfortable bed, no slamming doors in the middle of the night, and get a big wonderful breakfast out on the porch. Can you feel the excitement!

Then, I get to hang out with the best friends in the world. Do you guys have the group of friends that you knew right away you would be friends for life? That is this group of friends. I only was at this college for 1 yr and 1 trimester (Melissa, really! It was a trimester school!) and we all lived in the same dorm. We ate, slept, partied TOO hard and instantly loved each other. It's weird because they are mostly guys. In fact, there is only one other girl in our college group.
Here is a picture of some of them.

The blond in the black dress used to be my college roommate.
This is at my friends wedding. Have you ever been to an Indian reception. Amazingly beautiful! ooh! Miles was in my belly there! heehee! Only 4 or 5 weeks pregnant!

Anyway, not being pregnant, and not having my CHILDREN with me will result in drinking way too much alcohol, dancing way too much that I'm sure my feet will ache in the morning, and having the time of my life.
Add that with great food, comfy bed, great breakfast.
I'm SO excited!

4 Comments:

Blogger Misti said...

i am so excited for you(and a teeny bit jealoous)!! I hope you have a weekend that you'll never forget. WHAT FUN!!!

10:24 AM

 
Blogger Amie said...

I hope you have a great time!

2:20 PM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Hey sister! Enjoy! We too are taking off and leaving the offspring behind for a night. Sadly we have to get up at 7 AM and drive three hours back home on Sunday morning, so there will be no sleeping in.

At least we'll have uninterrupted sleep for one night though!

7:55 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh have lots of fun!!! I bet you guys will. It's good to get a little break from the kiddos when you can.

11:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home