The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, August 26, 2005

You know, just in case you were wondering...

if you don't have car insurance...it's probably not a good idea to pull out in front of my husband, or any car for that matter.
It's probably not a good idea to be driving at all.
It's really not nice to the driver, my HUSBAND, to know that we now have to go carless while his car is being fixed.
Yes, we COULD get a rental, but we'd have to pay for it seeing you don't have insurance.
Oh, and the $500 deductible that we have to pay that we WOULDN'T have to pay if you'd have had insurance really isn't something we just have on hand for idiots like you to come around.
Oh, and I know we'll get it back, even if your wages have to be garnished, but you see, it would have been MUCH easier for YOU to have just had insurance. We're not too keen on waiting for however long it takes for that.
I'm sorry you got a ticket AND lost your license. REALLY, I am. You seem like a nice enough young person just starting out in life.
I'm sorry that the damage so far is exceeding in $4000 that YOU'LL have to pay back to our insurance agency.
I have a feeling though, that the already SCREWED feeling my husband and I get will get worse.
I have that feeling.
So, from me, the stay at home mom with little to no income, I thank you for taking $500 out of our pocket right now. I'm sure our children thank you too. You know, seeing we have only ONE income. 2 CHILDREN. $500 is a lot.
I hope when all is done, you go out an get insurance on your piece of crap car.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry. That sucks. I hate it when people are not responsible. And stupid. That is just stupid.

((Hugs))

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Kari said...

oh geez! I'm sorry Jen!

1:23 PM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Personally, I think that people without insurance should have to serve some kind of time. It's the law (or it was in TX, is it the law here!?!?) to have insurance. You break the law, you pay the fine.

Money is too easy to pay off and forget. They'll drive again without insurance.

2:10 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

That really sucks.

8:00 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

ACK!

Gimme a bat and I'll go find his knees.

Or, Uhm, I'm not really all that scrappy...I'll think of somethin'

2:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously, what morons to drive without it.
I am sorry this happened :(

3:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home