The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, August 22, 2005

In the past year+mean Sam

I added my counter exactly one year ago.
I watched the number grow and to my disbelief I see it now over 33,400.
Amazing!
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.
---
There is a situation brewing. Let's see if you can understand my story.
A certain someone...let's try to do this without anyone in my real life knowing who I am talking about if they were to somehow stumble across this blog...
Someone who I see on a semi-regular basis.
This is not a relative. Let's call this non gender person Sam.
Sam has children.
The children play with Logan.
Sam disciplines my child.
All the time.
In a not so nice way.

Example:
2 children, playing happily. Logan does something by accident...let's say, sits down by the other child and accidentally steps on her fingers. Obviously an accident.
I of course try to give the child a little loving and ask if he's OK. I tell MY child to apologize for the ACCIDENT and give the child a hug to make him feel better.
Sam is making a huge deal and over playing the whole incident making the other child cry more.(insert, 'want a boo-boo sticker'...as I'm gagging!)
When Logan approaches this other child and apologizes and trys to give a hug, the child pushes him away yelling and screaming at him. My child then backs off and looks almost afraid.
SAM goes on to say...in a NOT so nice tone, "LOGAN! you can OFFER a hug but if they don't want one DON'T GIVE HIM ONE!" and makes MY son feel like crap for a freaking ACCIDENT.
This happens a lot.
I don't know how to handle it.
It makes me angry when Sam disciplines my child when I'm standing there.
I need a good comeback. NOT rude. I'm not rude (in person!) and I don't want to start an argument. I want Sam to understand that I am perfectly capable of realizing when my child does something intentionally and unintentionally. I am perfectly capable of making my child realize that even if something happens by mistake that you still must apologize for it.
AHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
What I'd REALLY like to say is, "Sam! Shut the hell up! Who calls it a 'boo-boo sticker' anyway! Is there blood? Is it even RED? Give your child a hug and kiss and tell him that he'll be fine and let's stop the drama! And who are YOU to tell MY child off? In any matter! You're mean!" And I will continue the childish anticts by sticking my tongue out at him. Really! Mean Sam. Sam is mean. I don't like Sam.
Imagine how I will be when Logan starts school and gets picked on!!
-----
Tomorrow is the big hematology appointment. Blood doctors. I hate the thought. Who decides they want to be a BLOOD doctor anyway?
When I was at my pre-op appt for my D&C, my nurse wanted to make sure we knew my PT/PTT levels (blood clotting...yes, pretty major info for surgery) and said, "I'm sure you'll be giving blood at your appt". Oh...yeah, probably. ugh.
------
Tomorrow is also another big day. Logan's eye appt. It's not a regular eye appt either. It's where they dilate his eyes and somehow see if there is any swelling in his retina due to his cyst growth. yep, it's cyst time. It seems like it was just yesterday when this crunch time came.
Eye appt is in August, MRI in October.
I hate 'cyst time'. You second guess EVERYTHING.
He hates the drops. He crys. He has to be held down. It hurts him. It hurts my heart. Miles will be joining us too, so I can't hold him myself.
-----
And I couldn't NOT share this picture...
See the tongue sticking out a bit!
One sweet looking babe I have, no? ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

You need to say, "Logan, SAM didn't mean to hurt your feelings. It was an ACCIDENT. Do want a Sam-Sam sticker?"

Thoughts are with you through your appointments and Logan's.

10:57 AM

 
Blogger Amie said...

That is a sweet picture! :D I don't know what I would do in your situation. Knowing myself, I would probably reach a point of frustration and say something rude.

7:10 PM

 
Blogger Lala said...

I would dump Sam, sounds like a disrespectful a-hole to me. xcuse my Spanish, eh?

1:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm sorry, but we don't allow others to discipline our children unless they are in charge for the day, it's really a safety issue, we want them to know the only people they should take orders from are their parents or the people their parents put in charge, but thanks for your concern."

(But then I used that on a stranger...and then I did the ultimate "And FOR THE RECORD, my son is autistic, if you are SURE you want to pray for us, please speak to me, because I can give you specifics of what we'd like prayed for, and I would REALLY appreciate that!")

Adorable picture!

9:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home