The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Spain 3

The tomb of Christopher Columbus. It's not really known if he is in there, but of course all the people of Spain believe he is.

Inside the Alhambra

This was a poor farmer. I felt like a ass taking his picture, and I'm sure it was VERY rude. I just had to do it though. I wasn't the only one taking one, which made me feel even WORSE. Even to this day I feel bad. This man was working his butt off and we take a picture because he had an ox and old ancient equiptment?

The Cathedral in Sevilla-amazing! I'm sure you'll go there.

This is one of the floats they carry in the Semana Santa. It is over 300 yrs old!

Another Verja de la frontera picture. Lots of little paths to follow. Beautiful views.


So there is no rhyme or reason, and I have plenty more pictures, but this is what was just on my computer. Let me know what questions you have!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

You are making me want to cry. I look at those pictures and my heart aches to go back to Spain. I think I'll post some of mine now.

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

You should!!
Gosh, I'd love to go ANYWHERE over seas!!

2:11 PM

 
Blogger Simone said...

Wow Jenn thanks so much for posting these. I am totally excited now. What a coincedence that we all went when newly pregnant!

I'll have to look up Verja de la Frontera. We weren't planning on going but your pics are so beautiful.

I can't wait!!!

3:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit, I miss Spain.

Did you know the four "men" holding up Columbus's tomb represent the four regions of Spain?

And I loved the curvy drive! But then again, I don't get motion sick.

When I lived in Sevilla in '98, they were in the process of fixing up la catedral - the put a new statue on top, too. Was it all completed when you were there? And did you walk the stairs?

Merida is fun, too. The Alhambra is unspeakably beautiful. And Malaga is a great place for fun, sun and cheap flamenco.

Ahhh... one day.

Julia
Uncommon Misconception

2:27 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

You know what? We all three went to Spain pregnant and we're all three married to Dave's,aren't we?

6:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home