The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Yeah, I'm a bit slow

We had Logan into the doctor's office last night.
We just don't know if he has allergies or asthma or nothing.
He's been clearing his throat for about a month now and coughing every time he exercises or raises his heartrate.
Our neighbor has allergies and when she told me that HE used to clear his throat ALL the time before he got diagnosed, it got me really thinking.

Yesterday he had 2 issues that really bothered me.
First, abdominal pain. REALLY bad. Drop over, tears in the eyes kind of pain.
It went on and off.
I thought it was because he had to...eh hem...use the bathroom.
He did that, and still had on and off.
He's not the type to cry over pain, and it was so bad it made him cry several times.

Second, his neck has been bothering him. In the FRONT, like between the chin and the neck.
Yesterday it hurt so bad and the pain went into his chest and he had a hard time catching his breath.
Lot's of panting and tears and look of fear.

I took him to the walk in clinic after waiting for too long for my nurse to call me back.
Apparently his heart was racing when we got there (about 1 hr after the breathing/neck incident) but slowed after awhile.
The belly wasn't rigid, and seeing it was going on and off, they didn't think it was an emergency.
The neck couldn't be explained other than follow up with your doctor on a possible thyroid issue.
The breathing also was worry some, but couldn't be explained either.

Then came the part I knew was coming.
Strep Test
Those who have been with me for awhile know that this is no easy task for my big boy.

First time:
Logan puked all over the room. On the table, on the DOCTOR, in the sink, on the floor and then in the garbage can.
Results=negative

Second time:
Logan puked all over the nurse (who was holding him down) and the table.
results=negative

This time:
Logan puked ALLLLL over ME. ALLLLLLL over.
results=negative.

Why do I keep making him go through this?
So, as I thankfully changed my shirt into a lovely GOWN for the rest of the evening, I sat watching his face break out in tiny red dots again.

Yep, petechiae.
Last time this happened they had me all freaked out about Leukemia.
This time, I want an answer.
WHY does this happen to Logan?

I asked this doctor and she said she has seen this happen in only a few children. (like meaning, from not an emergency)

I have a follow up with my doctor today to go over everything. I've also made an appt with an allergist/asthma doctor to get him tested.
----
You should see my calendar.
EVERYDAY has something on it.
It's only getting worse too.
Life is going to be B-U-S-Y until after Miles' birthday, I'm sure!
Can you believe that I'm already thinking birthday?

It's just this birthday schedule thing that sortof sucks.
Nov- Logan's birthday
Dec-Christmas
Jan-Miles' birthday

Um.I think we'll be BROKE every year right about now, what do you think? ;)

So, I'm going to do my best to visit EVERYONE on my blogroll today plus some that I don't have on my blogroll but saved on my computer!
I need to update my blogroll, so if you're out there and read mine and want me to add you, drop a reply and I'll add you! :)

Have a wonderful day!


**edited to say that here it is, both children are napping and I am on to visit my blogroll. What's the problem? I HAVE no Blogroll! This happens sometimes, and it really IRKS me! So, sorry my friends, I'll have to visit later or tomorrow! What, is someone or something telling me to get my ass moving and do some laundry? hmmm???**

10 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

Poor Logan! I can't believe it happened again.
Those same red dots as the pictures from before?
He will be in my prayers.

Of course I believe you're thinking about Miles' birthday...I've been thinking about Liam's =)

3:57 PM

 
Blogger Katy said...

Ahhhh Logan, do not feel too bad man. Emily has the same type of gag reflex. I have never seen such a thing. Funny, but not really.

4:21 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

What happened to tantalizing Tuesday?

8:25 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Poor Logan!!!

1:48 PM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Man, I'll say you'll be broke after all the holidays, birthdays, and dr appts!
That same disappearing act happened with my blogroll today too, argh!

9:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, I just wanted to say that the red dots are no biggie. It happens to everyone in my family when we throw up. We throw up so violently that it breaks all the tiny blood vessels in our faces. Very ugly but thankfully, no big deal. I hope the poor lil dude feels better though!

10:47 AM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Logan....ick. No wonder why you've been blowing me off. JUST KIDDING!!! :) (you can call me a bitch now)

Anyway, ummmm, yeah Blog Rolling has issues...I put mine directly in the code now, if you want to know how just let me know and I'll walk you through it.

12:31 PM

 
Blogger formerteacher said...

I'm so sorry that poor Logan had to go through that, and you too considering puke is among my LEAST favorite things! I sure hope that the doctors are able to tell you what is going on; that must be so frustrating!!!

I understand about having something for next several months, and being broke. Ours goes: Steve's birthday, halloween, hubby's b-day, Thanksgiving, niece's b-day, Christmas, other niece's b-day, dad's b-day the NEXT DAY, Valentine's Day, my b-day, Easter, my brother's b-day, my SIL's b-day, on the SAME DAY -Ryan's b-day and then we have one month off in June, well there is Father's Day---UGH! I have resigned myself to the fact that there will never be someone NOT to buy something for anymore. We are actually limiting gifts now; we just can't afford it all anymore. What else can we do???
Bev

9:20 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

How's Logan?

11:46 AM

 
Blogger dawnamarie said...

Yuck, poor kid. I so understand the broke this time of year thing. Here's my list: Oct: Mil, Aiden
Nov: my brother, FIL, Colton Dec: Husband, christmas then Graysons is in january. It's hard enough to aquire everything for christmas, then you throw in a million birthdays, all of them important people requiring gifts, and it gets really tough.

5:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home