The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, September 30, 2005

It was a proud day

Last Tuesday I arrived at Logan's preschool a bit early. We were leaving the next day for Vermont, so I had some baby food shopping to do and just wound up getting there early. There are two doors into the classroom. Both were closed, so I just watched through the window.
All the kids were doing free play.
They were all so sweet.
Playdough-firetrucks-kitchen-painting...

I searched for Logan. He had on an obvious shirt that would be hard to miss, but unfortunately I didn't see the shirt.
There were 20 children running around, but I did not see Logan.

As I was about to get concerned, I saw this cute little child walk past in a cute little dressup outfit. It was the most sparkly thing. Blue, purple, pink...ruffles, bows, ribbons. The cutest little blue high heeled shoes to boot.
Awww...to have a daughter, I thought to myself.

Then, the cute little girl turned around...I think you see where I'm going here...and the cute little girl was my SON.

Dressed up as Cinderella, definitely would have been the belle of the ball. Walking so (un)gracefully in his high heel shoes.

The only good thing about it was he was playing with a firetruck.

As class ended, his teacher was next to us and I said, "I see my son was Cinderella today!" and she smiled and winked and said, "oh yes he was. He even traded the cowboy hat and cowboy boots for the Cinderella dress!"

Oy.

9 Comments:

Blogger formerteacher said...

Awwwww!!! Kids do the darnest things, don' they?! Since I have two boys, I know how you felt upon seeing the cute little 'girl':) Too cute!
Bev

1:18 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Hee hee hee hee! That's a good one! Too bad that you didn't get pictures to embarrass him with when he's older!!

4:48 PM

 
Blogger Amie said...

awww, how cute :D

9:23 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

My boys love to play with dolls and house,its all good. They'll make good husbands and daddys one day :)

11:34 PM

 
Blogger Katy said...

LOL......Both my boys have been the "Belle of the ball". I find it quite amusing and can not wait to show those pictures to all theri future girlfriends. Bwhahahahaha.....It is I EVILMOM!!!!

10:35 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

As a former preschool teacher .. it happens pretty often hehe :)

9:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
Great blog!! I will make sure of coming back often.
If You really are interested in child cowboy boot I can
recommend this very informative site child cowboy boot
Here You will find a complete directoty of child cowboy boot

11:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
Great blog!! I will make sure of coming back often.
If You really are interested in cowboy boot spurs I can
recommend this very informative site cowboy boot spurs
Here You will find a complete directoty of cowboy boot spurs

11:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about Matured Aged Cheddar Cheese English
. You can check it out at Matured Aged Cheddar Cheese English



Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

10:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home