The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Tantalizing Tuesday

So, we already have:
Way Back Wednesday
Half Nekkid Thursday
Self Portrait Friday 1
Self Portrait Friday 2

I'm going to go all out and climb out of my funkdom. Yes, that is a word...to me.
Once, a while back Carrie told me that she was trying out new recipes on a very regular basis trying to add to her menu.
I thought that was a great idea, but hey...let's be honest. I'm lazy when it comes to cooking. I'd rather bake than cook, but I'm quite happy with the scale these days, and I don't need anything like THIS that I've made in the past to come back to my thighs. Um...but...yeah, YUM! Just in case you were interested. Unbelievably GOOD!
I just need something completely relaxing to take some space in my head. (business:REGISTERED yesterday!!)
Here enters YOU! Yes, my dwindling list of readers, I'm asking for YOUR help in expanding my horizons.
I'd like to start TANTALIZING TUESDAY.

Tantalizing :adj 1: arousing desire or expectation for something unattainable or mockingly out of reach; "a tantalizing taste of success" [syn: tantalising] 2: very pleasantly inviting; "a tantalizing aroma"; "a tempting repast" [syn: tantalising, tempting]

So, we'll go with definition 2 seeing I'm hoping that each recipe will be attainable.

So, come one come all and let's get our recipe box filled with good to eat recipes!
My husband will THANK you!

This weeks theme: CHICKEN


If you don't have a recipe you love, find one you'd like to try! Chances are good if YOU'D like to try it, I would too! (or someone else reading) This site really is great for in a pinch recipes.

OK, seeing it's already Monday, see what you can dig out for tomorrow!
You can either post your recipe in my comments, or post it in your blog telling me to go check it out! Hey, that would be a great way for me to check out your blog too! I'm always looking for new blogs to read!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:02 AM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I love cooking chicken and we eat it sooooooooo much.I love to cook in general, though

One of my favorite things to do, and the easiest, is to put some regular rice crispies in a giant ziplock bag and crunch them all up--not so that they're dust-like, but much smaller. Then I pour in the bag some garlic salt and some pepper and whatever other seasonings I feel like doing. Then I dredge chicken breasts in melted butter and put them in the bag and shake it like shake and bake. Sometimes I pour the stuff in a dish and coat them like I'm doing regular fried chicken.
When I'm done I bake them in the oven. The time varies by oven and size of the chicken breasts, but usually 35-40min at 350 is plenty.

The other favorite chicken dish is chicken fajitas. I cut up the chicken, green and red bell pepper and onion (to taste), put that in a frying pan and add some lemon juice to the pan. Then I cook it all in the frying pan, adding garlic salt, chili powder, and pepper (and sometimes mexican or fajita spices).
When the chicken is cooked and the bell peppers are softened, I put them in tortillas with grated chedder cheese.
Hubby adds hot sauce and sour cream to his.

I've got tons more chicken recipes that I do...if you wnat them.

4:51 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

On the rice crispy chicken I meant not so that they're dust-like, but just much smaller than regular rice crispies. Does that make sense?

4:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could understand how doing a search for how to cook lobster got me to Tantalizing Tuesday. Not that I mind, you understand Jennifer. It's just that I don't think it's exactly what I was looking for :0)

1:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer
I never realised that so many different types of blog would show up if I did a search on something like baking bread. I'm still not sure how well Tantalizing Tuesday fits into that category, but I've enjoyed visiting :0) Adios Amigo.

12:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home