The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, September 16, 2005

5 yrs ago today

I married my best friend.
You know he's the right one when you can do in front of him all the silly things you never thought you could do in front of a guy.
It doesn't matter what, I'm comfortable around him.
Plus, he's darn good looking, if I do say so myself! ;)
5 years!
So, in 5 years, we went from:
*living in a 2 bedroom apartment
much more income coming in then bills (DINK's as they like to say)
which meant we had a lot of fun (aka-drinking, socializing, late nights)
slept in whenever we wanted
ordered pizza way too much
were really young. (23-me, 24-him)

Then 5 yrs later:

*2 kids, lots of baggage along the way of having them
*One income
*late nights-but not because of ANY party's
*Can't remember the last time I've slept until 7am
*heck-we still order pizza way too often
*extra rolls and pudge around the middle...both middles

**a sense of being complete
**knowing that that shoulder will be there...always
**never fully understanding how much you can count on someone
**A love I could have never imagined

Tonight, I celebrate (alone...date night!) with my best friend, and my husband.

A couple of older pictures from our Florida trip, but ones I like.(don't mind the purple mouth in the second one...that was taken after about 7 too many glasses of wine)


9 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Happy Anniversary! Sleeping in is such a distant memory isn't it...

3:19 PM

 
Blogger Simone said...

Happy Anniversary! Wishing you a liftime of love, laughter and happiness together!

8:02 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Happy Anniversary! When/Where's the annual trip?

9:05 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Kether, we leaved Wednesday to Vermont! :)

8:15 AM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Happy anniversary to you!

May the rest of your years be bless with love, laughter and the will to make it through the rough times!

9:00 AM

 
Blogger Misti said...

happy Anniversary!! You two look great together,very cute couple :)

12:49 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your trip! I've always wanted to go to Vermont! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

7:44 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

7:48 PM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Sounds like you have your soulmate!
Happy Anniversary!
Maybe they'll be sleeping in in a few years...

8:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home