The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Success

Thank you for everyone who participated in Tantalizing Tuesday!
The recipes are perfect!
I can't wait to try them out!
I'm going to add them all as we go to a link on my side bar.
If you didn't have time to participate yesterday and want to add, go ahead! :)
Next week: Football Sunday!
Give us your yummy appetizer!
------
You know when you have one of those days where you expect nothing out of yourself.
Like, if I wasn't a SAHM I would have called in sick.
Yeah. One of those 'perks' about being a SAHM...no sick days.

No, I'm not sick. Monday night I got TOTAL 5 hrs of sleep. Last night, I had an all out cry session with Dave. (just one of those nights where crying actually feels good) I don't know about you, but when I cry, like REALLY cry, I NEED to sleep afterwards. My eyes get puffy and red, and my mind shuts down.
I crawled into bed at 10:00 ready to let it all go.
Which worked lovely until 10:30 when Miles burst into tears.
Going in, giving him his pacifier and laying him back down turned the tears into yells. Did I tell you this child can yell. Loud.
He did this the night before too.
I picked him up thinking his tooth/gums might be bothering him. (his first poked through on Saturday)
We rocked for about 5-8 minutes or so (WIDE awake) and I put him back down.
No tears.
Wide awake.
No tears.
Me-back to sleep.
Until 1:30...Repeat.
Me thinking that my poor babe is getting sick? Hot? Cold? Hungry?
1:48 I crawled back into bed and snuggled up with my SNORING husband.
Of course, I don't know about you, but I can't just turn off and go to sleep, so I had to try to keep the thoughts from creeping into my brain.
3:30...Repeat. Except this time I made Dave get up.
He comes in at 3:45 and says, "I think he's FINE! I think he just wants us to come in!"
And I think he is RIGHT!
Little shit!
So we closed the door, prayed that Logan wouldn't wake up and listened to him cry (make that me...Dave fell back to sleep instantly) for about 8 minutes.
He slept until 6:30.
I'm assuming tonight will be a bad one.
What were we thinking?
See, what he does though is gets right to the end and chucks his pacifier out.
I think he knows that we'll come in!
How does such a small...I mean young, small isn't a term we use for him...have the brains to be conniving?
So, barely any sleep two nights in a row.
Extremely puffy blood shot eyes this morning.
Not nearly enough coffee to get me through.

6 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

Hey, want me to come babysit so you can get some rest?;)I would if you lived next door. heehee

2:22 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

If you lived next door to me, I think I'd ask you over for a drink, not a nap!! :)

2:25 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

i'm with you...up four, FOUR times!

so. tired.

4:46 PM

 
Blogger dawnamarie said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one going through teething hell. I mean really, just because their gums hurt doesn't mean they need to cry and stay up all night. Mommy needs her sleep! I drug Aiden with a bit of motrin before bed, and I'm utterly refusing to respond to him now as it's time he learns that bedtime means sleep time not scream and get mom up to play time. He's almost one, I think we can do that now. (:

10:01 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

Hugs and sleep vibes coming for you.
T still doesn't sleep through the night. He did it once and athts it.

I keep telling myself its a phase. Its lasted 7 months now,lol.

4:24 PM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

You can call me anytime you know...I've had some really crapola days in the last few weeks. It always makes me feel less inadequate when I hear that other people have breakdowns too.

Makes me feel more normal.

An added bonus? I'll give you some super easy chicken recipes!! :)

6:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home