The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

First, thank you. Thank you for giving me the chance to get out some of my emotions and not be judged by them.
For those of you who posted for the first time, thank you for seeing someone who needed some encouragement and thank you for giving it to me. I've been reading some message boards with women who have gone through HELLP and have realized that what I am going through is absolutely normal and that it really does take a while to get through the emotional aspect of what happened. I'm working on it, day by day, and I know that I will get through it.
Good news is that my levels are all back to normal. My liver function is supposed to be 31-under, (2 different levels) and mine are 13 and 19. (they were 276 and 2??) My platelets are supposed to be over 150,000, mine are at 473,000!! (Most likely from the steriods I imagine which made my bone marrow produce more white platelets. At the lowest they were 43,000)
My fluid is gone behind my eyes, but my vision stands changed. I need to get new glasses, but how on earth do you take 2 children to pick out frames?
I have to find time because the headaches are killing me!
My blood pressure is a bit wacky though, Most times normal, but sometimes high. I've never experienced high blood pressure before, but I can tell when its high because I feel hot, dizzy and lightheaded. Sure enough when I take it it is high. So, at least I know when to slow down. I read that most people who have HELLP with normal blood pressure should basically count on having constant high blood pressure some day. Great. I've also read that according to this one doctor that ALL women who develop HELLP have some sort of underlying autoimmune disorder of some kind (example...lupus) that was just laying low before. I will be asking to be tested for them at my 6 week checkup.
Miles is doing great! He had his 2 week checkup last week. He was 8lbs 11oz crying and kicking and screaming at the cold scale on his back. The nurse couldn't get an accurate measurment, but that morning I had weighed myself holding him and then not holding him just for fun and he weighted 8lbs 7oz. He was 20 1/2 inches. So 75% for height and weight.
He's still up every 3 hrs to eat at night, but fooled us with a 5 hr stretch the other night. We were so hopeful the next night, but no such luck. I actually took him in today because of a goopy eye..he's got a clogged tear duct.
He's also quite the needy baby who loves to be held all the time, so I'm so glad I have my sling to keep my hands free to play with Logan and do the massive amounts of laundry that seem to be piling up.
Speaking of Logan, my sweet boy started preschool today. He's there right now. I tried, I TRIED so hard not to shed a tear, but they just came! and came and came!
I'm hoping he is doing well, and I'm SURE he is...I go pick him up in a half hour. Its ONLY two hrs, but gosh it was hard to leave him there!
We're off to a playdate right after school and then another right after nap!
Everyone hop over and congratulate Kether! Can't wait to hear the birth story and see Mr. Liam!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

It's so good to hear from you!!! I'm glad that you are recovery nicely. You sound better, too. You've been in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh, and about what dh said. Wouldn't it be funny if they grew and shrank with pregnancy? I bet that he wouldn't have much to say then!!!

((Hugs))

11:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home