The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Processing...

We are now home, not after another trip to the ER yesterday. I was (am) still having blurry vision and headaches. Was told to immediately go in. Apparently, the HELLP has caused me to have fluid in my eyes...and my vision has changed quite a bit.
But today, we are home, and we are doing well.
Trying to at least.
Trying to keep everything the same so the transition for Logan is as easy as possible.
Its going well.
I'm exhausted, even though I have the best husband who is doing way more than his fair share.
I'm really affected by what all transpired on Monday.
I'm still processing it all.
I haven't watched any video of the day after labor yet because I literally can't remember anything, and to see it (the small amt we have) is a bit scary for me.
The whole severity of HELLP and what can happen, what COULD have happened, and what DID happen is something that I'm just having a hard time swallowing.
There are many positive things about this, and the first and foremost is that Miles was term.
I have so much to say, and I really have so much to add about my labor and delivery. The medication, the almost seizure activity, the platelet's transfusion, the severity on the doctors faces, the talk about it being a really bad idea to every have anymore children, and I could go on and on. I already can't remember a lot of what happened, so what I do remember, I want written.
I hope you don't mind listening to me as I process everything.
For those of you in blog land, I know there are new births...and a huge congratulations to you! I'm sure there are more to come VERY soon.
For those of you who are going through hard times, I'm thinking about you too.
I'll do my best to check in with you all in the very near future.
Until then, thank you for your well wishes. I know there have been many emails, and I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to them yet. I promise, I appreciate them all, and will get back to them as soon as I can!
Miles is doing great, although we have a few concerns regarding HELLP and some issues we are feeling (although we could just be those 'new parents' who make things worse than what they are!)
I'll post pictures as soon as I can find the time to actually get on the computer, save the pictures, resize them, host them, and post them....lots of work!
But I can't wait to share the pictures of my little man! My 2nd little man!
I'm so blessed!

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I am SO glad to hear that you are home!! I've been thinking about you constantly.

Now, you take your time. Get well. Take care of yourself and your boys. We will be here when you are ready. And please, share with us. But take your time,K?

Love and ((Hugs)) to you and your family!!

8:30 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I, too, have been thinking of you constantly and sending many prayers for a healthy recovery for you. I am so glad that you are home and that Dave is being such a great guy.
I can't wait to see Miles, but we will all understand while you take your time.
Much love to you Jen--and your three men. Take good care of yourself.

10:55 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

So sorry about the trip back to the ER :( . Hope you feel better soon!!! Glad Miles is doing well. Can't wait to see some photos!!!

10:49 AM

 
Blogger Linda said...

Sounds like it would take a while to process everything, with everything that you have been through. I am glad that you are back home! I can't wait to see pictures of Miles. I am glad that you have a great husband to help you through all of this.

Make sure you take care of yourself and stay as rested as possible. (I know that can be difficult with a newborn).

4:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home