The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

I just can't fathom the devastation...

Literally, I just can't fathom it.
Over 80,000 people dead? Expected to raise to over 100,000 people.
Children, snatched from parents arms. Parents taken from children.
The pictures they are showing of bodies getting dumped in mass graves, burned in mass cremations. Not knowing who the bodies belong to, but not being able to take the time to find out. Bodies washing on shore.
Complete devastation.
I'm having such a hard time not thinking about this, and how can you not think about it.
Literally, no words can express how sad I am for the world right now.
You know, when I was 7 months pregnant with L, Sept 11th happened. I was consumed in it, as were so many other people.
I know you can't even compare...terrorist attacks vs. natural destruction...but, its just so hard to think happy thoughts, BOTH times when all the sadness is happening in the world right now.
No words right now...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

Jen I know its so overwhelming and sad.

I was just getting ready to go to bed and I felt that I should come comment to you. I feel like any time you may disappear to go have that precious little boy! So, I just wanted to give you huge--- good luck, easy labor, push him out yourself and hurry back to us so that we can see-- well wishes. I am so excited for you. So happy that this pregnancy is almost over and you'll have your miracle baby. Take care, God Bless and God speed whenever the time has come.

12:30 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

I know .. it's so hard to even grasp your mind around. I was pregnant with Chip during September 11th also and it was so traumatic for me. This time Hubby because of my bp and blood pressure has banned the news from the bedroom. I still hear about it from my friends online .. but it's easier to deal with than seeing the photos and video on the news I'm sure.

1:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home