The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Attitude must change...

1cm dialated, 25% effaced, very soft.
Big deal after days of contractions, huh?
But the doctor did strip my membranes at the appt, although not so well as my cervix was very high.
So, here is where my mental attitude STOOD, and here is where it STANDS.
I was ready. I wanted to go into labor this week! I was certain that would happen if I wished it enough, and with the contractions, who could blame me, right?
NOW my plan has totally changed.
Now I plan on NOT going into labor this week or next week. At all...(unless the membrane stripping actually worked today)
I will relax and lay around and make sure I don't over exert myself at all these next 2 weeks before Christmas.
I need to do a tiny bit more shopping for Christmas, but ladies, that is it!
I will try to make sure that I take it as easy as possible so that this baby feels comfy and cozy for just 2 more weeks and we don't wind up in the hospital on Christmas. Now, if we DO wind up in the hospital on Christmas, I can't imagine a better gift. Think, the baby born the day that Jesus was born. How amazing is that. Not my CHOICE, but if it is his choice, it will be great.
AFter Christmas, bring it on!
*the doctor talked induction, but informed me their policy is not before 41 weeks unless medically necessary*
So, what I plan on doing from now and then is relaxing, eating LOTS of cookies (oh wait...I'm to lazy to bake them this year! Anyone have any they'd like to share!) and not worrying about that darn scale anymore from here on out!
---
Also...yay! we bought the van! We pick it up tonight! I'm the proud new owner of a 2005 Grand Caravan Special Edition blah blah blah.... (whatever the name is)
Its fully loaded! I'm so excited! We are usually NOT the fully loaded type people, but it was a deal we couldn't pass up!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Congrats on the van!! We're looking for a new vehicle too as our current one won't cut it in the snow up there! :) Cheers!

3:39 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Yay on the van!! And I love the new attitude. I hope that it works for you!! Hey, if you get too many of those cookies sent your way, I'll take the overflow. You know I'm not baking this year!! I don't even know where my cookie sheets are!!!

(((Hugs)))

4:30 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

If I lived next door I'd keep you well supplied with cookies. Ok, so we're all pulling for keeping the baby in the oven a few more weeks (not with the cookies, different kind of oven). Take really good care of yourself Jen. Just a leeetle shopping.

4:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home