The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, November 29, 2004

Out of the mouth of MY babe!

Logan has this sweet saying of, "when I grow up, just like Daddy......" and it just about melts my heart every time I hear him say it. I can only imagine what it does to Daddy's heart strings to imagine Logan grown up, just like him.
Well, Saturday was the wedding. When we arrived at the church I took Logan in the bathroom. We always go in the handicapped stall so we both fit, although it is quite funny if it is taken and there is this large pregnant woman and big 3 yr old trying to fit in a tiny stall!
We were not alone in the bathroom. there was someone else right next to us.

So, we get in the stall and Logan is preoccupied while I go 'potty'. He sees feet next to us, and asks me, "mom? Is that your other foot?" Um...no...sweetie...my two feet are right here!"
While I am getting put back together he notices that I am wearing nylons. Seeing I NEVER dress up (sadly) he's never seen them before. He says in awe, "MOMMY! What ARE those?"
And I told him they are nylons. He then says, "MOM! I want to wear those! When I grow up, JUST LIKE DADDY, can I wear your nylons!" I about died! I tried not to laugh, but just couldn't help it! I'm thinking what on earth is the woman NEXT to us thinking about his daddy! haha!
THEN, it was HIS turn to go potty. Without revealing TOO much, lets just say he stands to go potty, and seeing he is getting taller we are in the process of teaching him how to aim so it goes in the potty. Got it?
Well, he then says out of NOwhere..."Mommy! If I had a GIANT pee-pee, I wouldn't have to push it down, right?" That was the straw that broke the camels back! I just couldn't hold it in and tried REALLY hard not to laugh. He said, "mommy! You don't have to laugh about it!" ahahahahahahahaha!
So, after that lovely conversation with my son in the stall we come out to wash our hands and WHO is standing there? An at least 80 yr old woman and the PASTOR! (I think that is what they are called? I only have men pastors, so is a woman 'pastor' called a 'pastor'?)
The older lady chuckled and said, "quite a talker he is, huh? Thats how they learn!!" and the pastor also thought it was really funny! For the remainder of the night, whenever we saw the older lady she would give us this, 'you really made my day' kindof smile.
Ah yes, he will kill me someday for writing this down! :) But that is what moms are for, right!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

Oh Jen! This made me laugh until my sides hurt. I guess I have that to look forward to with a boy, eh? I shall carry a recording device always.
How was the wedding? Did you look beautiful?!?

1:55 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

ROFLMAO!!!!! That is too cute!!! What a great story!!! So dh wears nylons, huh??!! ; )

3:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home