The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

An *almost* interesting turn of events...

OK, stupid joke!
Last night, I fell asleep at 8:00! Can you believe it! I just can't keep my eyes open anymore because my quality of sleep just sucks lately! So, as soon as Logan goes to bed, I get all comfy on the couch and drift off myself!
I finally went to bed at 9:30 and Dave said he'd be up after the Amazing Race. (BTW~Who is as excited as I am about a new season already!!)
I woke up at 1:00am to find the living room light still on, the TV still going and had to go wake up dave and turn everything off.
After about 20 minutes of trying to fall back to sleep I all of a sudden had this gut wrentching, literally, feeling in my stomach!
The baby, who settled into the head down position was trying to flip!
oh.my.god.
Now, I know he has flipped MANY times, but being 33 1/2 weeks, he's much bigger these days.
He was kicking and trying SO hard to move his body. It was SUCH a strange feeling. actually uncomfortable. I couldn't help but groan! I felt as though I was seriously going to throw up because he was moving my organs so hard! I woke up dave without trying from my groans! haha! I was so light headed I thought I was going to pass out!
I can't explain it right, because I can see you all saying, 'he was just rolling over!' but I SWEAR it felt like more than that!!
Then, the baby finally got sideways and I think he was stuck! Either STUCK or too tired from all the work to try any more. THEN, he got the hiccups! Of course morbid me starting getting concerned that after all that his cord got tangled etc....and I had a little freakout in my head. I didn't tell Dave.
I started drifting off again during the hiccup stage and luckily slept pretty good until 6am when I woke up.
I immediatly started playing the 'name this baby part' game, and it appears that baby decided to go BACK to head down. now, luckily I slept through this part, as I was hoping I would!
I'm HOPING that baby has now realized that that is the way he should STAY and no more monkey business! And if he DOES want to flip, just make sure I'm SOUND asleep! (I blame it all on Dave!)
-------
So, we are having unseasonable weather today. High of 62! But it has been rainy and dreary for the last 4 days. DREARY! The kind of weather you wish you could just curl up on the couch and read an entire book all day long. Gosh, I miss those days!
So, I decided that Logan and I should go for a long walk. Hopefully to engage little Mr's head in so he won't flip anymore.
I am hesitant to admit that my exercise routing consists of...um...a whole lot of NOTHING the last month or so.
We started off on our hilly mile walk. Only one mile. Not too bad. Not bad at all!
UNLESS you have been doing NOTHING for the last month! My legs are jelly! It really felt good though! The cool fresh air in my lungs. The nice conversation Logan and I had.
It was just nice! maybe it helped?
I also got an exercise ball to sit on hoping it will help engage the baby's head. Anyone know if this really helps? Either way, its comfortable!
-------
Today is the last day we are kicked out of our house at nap time. We've had construction workers here all week and last week finishing our mudding/taping downstairs. Only half a flight of stairs. Its a tri-level.
Today they are coming to spray our paint! I'm so excited because that means that we only have to do trim and carpet and a toliet and sink and we are DONE! It will add on so much living space!
But it has been a bit tiring to load all of Logan's bed friends etc...to go to Grandma's house everyday! I just want my house back!
------------
Last thing, has nothing to do with me! If you could, go to Chez Miscarriage(in my links). She triggered last night (or actually this morning) and is using a gestational surrogate. I pray it works! This woman deserves this SO much!! Wish her luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

omigosh! that sounds awful. Sending you hope that he stays put!
I thought of you yesterday. I was watching How Clean is your House. The house was horrid...and I was feeling much better about myself. I may not do 5 hours a day, but yeesh it wouldn't make the British ladies look like they were going to cry.
Glad you got a walk and some time with your little man. He's going to have to share you soon. I wonder how he'll like that.
33 weeks! Yay! You're so close. I can't wait!!!!

10:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home