The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Dialation...ultrasound update

I had my 30week appt today.
I have been having a million braxton hicks contractions this last 2-3 weeks. Everyday, multiple times during certain hours, and I know I should probably go to the hospital at certain times. But they always subside, and they eventually go away. I have just been floating through this pregnancy with the only complication being morning sickness. And thats not a complication! Its been easy sailing so far.
But....I told the doctor anyway, like the good patient should.
He wanted to check my cervix again (he did 3 weeks ago, and I was long and closed tight then)
Today, I'm starting to thin, and I am a fingertip dialated. He said it was almost 1cm.
I'm going to get a cervical scan tomorrow morning, and if it is below 3cm then I will be starting medication around the clock to stop the contractions. If it doesn't work, I will be adding bedrest to the mix. How that will work with a 3 yr old at home, I just don't know! He said seeing I'm contracting a lot in the evening when I'm just relaxing on the couch, he's not sure that bedrest alone will do it. He said if these two things don't work, he will be admitting me into the hospital to get on Mag. Sulfate. The dreaded drug, and to give the steriod shots to mature the lungs. He said his goal will be 34 weeks, and after that he will be happy.
34 weeks? 34 WEEKS?
I'm 30w2d today. Less than 4 weeks is his GOAL?
I still have 10 weeks until my due date! NOTHING is done!
So, as I was sailing along this pregnancy thinking everything was going great, that suddenly has changed. Now, I'm a bit freaked!
While I went though a lot of this with Logan, I only thinned a bit, I never started dialating.
Now, I'm doing both!
So, keep baby M in your prayers that he cooks cooks cooks!
Oh, and I have to go weekly now for appts!
On a cute sidenote, the baby is transverse right now, and while the doctor was trying to figure out where the baby was laying, Logan got all protective of me. He starting crying and looked really scared. He said, 'you're hurting my mommy!' and it was so sad but sweet to see him want to take on the Doctor for his mom! :) My little man!
--------
Dave's grandma...
LOOONG story! They went to take out the ventilators out on Sunday, but she is awake about an hour a day so they wanted to wait until she was awake to make sure that is what she wanted. They asked her to raise one finger if she wanted them out, or two fingers if she wanted them to stay in and she wanted to keep fighting. She raised two fingers! Amazing!
So, yesterday they did a test to see if she could survive with the ventilators out, and she failed. She would have died.
TODAY they did the test and she passed, so they took out the ventilators and she is currently breathing on her own! Now, they might have to put them back in later today, and that is OK too, but for now, she has some fight left in her! I wish I was as strong as she is!
I'm shocked, amazed, and completely in awe at Gods will and HER will!
----------------------------
Had my ultrasound today! It was amazing! We got to see baby yawn 2 times, BIG huge yawns! simply amazing! I even got a picture of his nose/mouth! His mouth was open a lot and I even saw the tongue!
Did I say amazing!
While I AM funneling a bit, it appears my cervix is still REALLY long! 4cm!! yahoo! I couldn't be happier! My doc said 3 was his cut off, so 4 is just plain old awesome!
I'm back to thinking this pregnancy is going to be stressfree for the remainder! (Oh, except that the baby is frank breech. I'm sure he'll still move, so I'm not too concerned...yet!)
Did I mention that I am so in love with this little baby, its pathetic!
I'm so anxious to meet him and hold him and....LESS than 10 weeks!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

God is amazing!! I am so happy about her will to fight. More prayers coming your way--including the dialation thing. Praying your cervix behaves itself and you don't need to go to bedrest or hospital!

1:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is up with all the pre-term Braxton-Hicks contractions in the blogosphere?! Don't our utes know when to just chill out?

I'm glad you're fine. Just take it easy when you can and give both your little men all the lovin they can take.

Julia
Uncommon Misconception

4:37 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

I'm so glad to hear that all is well!! I've been thinking about you and your family for a while. And the news about Dave's grandma is wonderful! Miracles all around!!

(((Hugs)))

5:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home