The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Well, it appears that it is almost over...

Dave drove to Alabama yesterday to find out that not only does his Grandma have pnemonia, but also a Staph infection.
They will be taking her off the ventilator tomorrow. They want to give the last brother a chance to come and say goodbye. She's so sick, and apparently staph infections can be quite painful. The doctor said after they take the ventilator out tomorrow they will give her a large dose of morphine to help her relax and be as pain free as possible, and then she will pass.
There is no pain like talking to your husband who is 12 hrs away listening to him tear up when he told me that he told his Grandma goodbye and that he loved her and would see her again some day.
Apparently that woke her up out of her sleep and he said her eyes got so wide as if she wanted to say something, but because of the ventilator, she couldn't. She just squeezed his hand.
I am hating myself right now for not being there with him. For not being able to give him a hug and hold him tight. I hate that he will go to sleep tonight alone, and I wish I could lay with him and put his head on my shoulder and let him cry in private. I wish I could cry with him.
But, really, I had no choice. He was planning on driving down very early Friday morning and heading back bright and early Sunday morning. 24 hrs in the car for Logan in 3 days would not have worked. Plus, it would have been much longer for bathroom breaks and stretch breaks with Logan and then me being so pregnant.
So tomorrow, while the world is celebrating Sunday, we will be losing a great member of the family....

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Prayers to you and your family.
(((Hugs)))

6:39 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I am so, so sorry.My prayers are with you and your family.

7:39 PM

 
Blogger Crista said...

I am crying for you and your husband. I am so, so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

6:55 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Please know that you and Dave and his entire family are in my prayers. I hope and pray that her passing is easy and peaceful. Sending prayers for peace for Dave's family.

As for you young lady don't you dare beat yourself up. I know it's hard on you being seperated from Dave right now, and that totally sucks. But remember .. you are where you need to be, taking care of Logan, you and the new baby to come. When Dave comes home you will be there to comfort him, hold him and love him. That trip would have been incredibly hard on both you and Logan. Not to mention you probably don't need to be that far away from your Drs. at this point in your pregnancy.


Sending lots of love and hugs your way!!!

11:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home