The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

updates...

First, an update on Dave's Grandma.
She is being taken off the ventilator either today or tomorrow. The procedure of putting the blood clot in her blood vessel apparently worked well. Unfortunatly, she broke part of her neck, so she has one of those crown things to hold her head in place. I think they have to screw it into her skull, but I'm not positive. Do you know what I'm talking about? Where she physically can't move period! She'll have it on for at least 3 months. She's sedated most of the time, and all her vitals are good. I still feel misreble for her, and she must be in SO much pain with all her broken bones. Like I said, today or tomorrow they will be taking off the ventilator. The doctor said then, its 100% up to her. If she wants to live, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. He said it will be very painful for her to breath, but if she doesn't want to try hard, she'll die. They will not put the ventilator back in. She knows this, as they had to ask for her permission to take it out and if she wanted it back in. So, I'd hate for her to be thinking, "i'm going to die today or tomorrow", you know? Gosh, Its so tragic! I'm not sure what will happen, as I watched my Grandma go from a small injury that took her off her feet to passing away 3 months later. We'll just keep praying and wait and see. Dave's mom and her other 3 children are by her side, but seeing she is in ICU, they can only visit her 3 hrs a day (and they can't pick the hours) and only one at a time.
Dave will be driving there on Friday, but it is a 12 hr drive non stop. If I were to go along (which I really want to) then of course Logan would come too. It would be WAAAY more than 12hrs due to the stops we'd have to make for bathroom breaks and stretching breaks. So, I won't be able to go.
Of course, it all depends on what happens right after the ventilator comes out. The doctors said that usually within 4 days they know if the patient has the will or doesn't have the will. If it is very painful and remember, she can't move her head, shoulders or anything, I don't think it would take that long to know.
Thank you for your prayers.
---------------
Pictures....well, Stephanie is a dear friend who TRIED to help computer illerate me figure it out, but alas...I'm computer illerate.
I don't know why I think that would change, but...it won't.
So Thank you Stephanie SO much for trying! :):)
So...I'll post a post later that gives the links to the pictures.
Also, an apology. Not only has this sadness happened with Dave's Grandma, but also, my dad seems to be having possible heart problems. It is all too familiar seeing his dad died at age 56 due to heart failure. My dad is 55. He's getting tests run etc...so we'll know soon the details.
But, all the family life has kept me away from the blogs I so love to read. Please know I will return, and that I am reading them when I have a minute! I will catch up with each and everyone of you soon, and thats a promise!
One bit of happy news...I'm almost 30 weeks along! Can you believe it?

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Sending lots and lots of Prayers for Dave's Grandma. I can understand how worried you all are. I love Charles's grandma Joyce (she has been way nicer to me than either of my grandmothers ever were) and can't imagine her having to go through such a rough time. Tell Dave to drive safe. I know it's killing you not to go .. but I totally understand why. With you being 30 weeks probably it would be a very miserable drive for you physically.

As for the picture thing that sucks. I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I wish I was there I could fix it for ya!!!

11:08 AM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Prayers still coming your way.This is such a difficult situation to be in and my heart goes out to you and Dave. It is so difficult to see our loved ones suffer and have no ability to "fix" it.
30 weeks! I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to see those belly pics.

11:18 AM

 
Blogger Christine said...

My prayers are with all of you. Keep us updated when you can.
{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

4:39 PM

 
Blogger Crista said...

Oh God, this is all just too much! I'm so sorry that you're dealing with all of this stress and sadness right now. I will continue to hope and pray for the best, whatever that may be.

3:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home