The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, October 04, 2004

good music and good shoes

What a title, huh?

About the shoes...I've always been a payless or clearanced shoe kind of girl. I hate spending money, especially on myself! I'm cheap! I think of things we really need the money on instead. This summer, I decided to buy myself a nice pair of sandles that would last a long time, and decided on a pair of Borns. They are thee most comfortable pair of sandles I've ever worn! So, a local shoe store was having a buy one get one half off sale on EVERYTHING in the store! Gotta love that! So, Dave needed a new pair of shoes, and we kept the receipt just in case I needed a pair before the sale was over (the sale was like 3 months!)
So, I took Logan in to get his fall shoes, and decided to look around for myself. I looked at the Borns, but felt they were too expensive and settled on another pair. I decided I hated them and went back to exchange them. I thought I'd just try on one of the Borns, and it was HEAVEN! I felt as though I was wearing SLIPPERS!
I was sold! And at half price, its the best deal ever!! I'm hooked, from now on out, its Born's all the way! (aren't you glad I told you that...)

Now, on to good music...
I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself...Tomorrow, I'm going to see Dave Matthews and Ben Harper in concert. Dave Matthews is my all time fave, but I've ALWAYS wanted to see Ben Harper in concert! I love his music, his thought process, his lyrics....and he's not too bad to look at either!
I feel like I won the lottery that I get to see them together!

Its a good day! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't skimp when it comes to your shoes. I'm not recommending spending $800 on designer shoes, but spend what it takes to get a comfortable, well fitting shoe. Bunions, corns, and many other foot troubles are the result of shoes that don't fit well. You deserve comfortable shoes, and it will effect the quality of your life in a positive way.

8:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home