The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Life after vacation

is always so much more exhausting then life before a vacation, don't you think?
We got home Wednesday afternoon, and I swear life has been so busy since then!
We are almost done drywalling our 'basement' (it really will be our main living area. We live in a tri-level, so it has 4 half levels) and Dave has been working on that almost non stop since we got home.
We NEED it done before the baby come so the office can go downstairs and the BABY can have his own room.
So, with Dave working downstairs, Logan wants to hang out with him which is no big deal except it means that I have to hang out TOO! With all the tools, Dave can't watch Logan AND do the work. Logan told me today, "I LOVE tools mom" haha.
Laundry, cleaning out the veggie garden, mowing, cleaning, visiting our parents, cooking, grocery shopping, did I say laundry?
I'm exhausted!!!
But, the baby is fine, the ultrasound went fine and our baby looks SO big! I can't believe I'm 25 weeks already.
I'll have to share a belly shot again. When I went in last week I was 24w4d, and I was measuring 28 weeks. Stretchmarks are stretching already from my pregnancy with Logan. We're going to give birth to a toddler I believe! :)
Getting this far has made me start thinking about my labor/birth experience with Logan and I'm already freaking out a bit. I'll share that in my next post when I have a minute to gather my thoughts.
I'm also freaking out a bit because I'm 25 weeks and do you know what I've done so far to prepare the arrival of this baby? I've bought ONE outfit. Thats it. I haven't gone through Logan's stuff, we have no crib, no BEDROOM...I can see myself at 37 weeks painting the nursery trying to get it ready in time!
It really comes on fast! At first you think 40 weeks! WAY too long! But actually, I can't believe how fast it is going! Only 15 weeks until my due date! My very last pregnancy! How could it be crusing by so fast?
But, I can't believe I'm writing this, but I'm so proud of my weight gain so far! 12 lbs total this morning from my pre-preg weight! With Logan, I gained 30 lbs in the last 20 weeks, so hopefully that won't happen, but this time I'm headed in a different direction I hope. If I were to gain the recommended pound a week from here on out, that would be only 27lbs! Not bad when my last one was 40! :)
I'll look back in 10 weeks from now and curse myself out as I'm looking at my 40lb weight gain by then! haha!
I'm not stressed if I do gain a lot though, cause I know it all comes off in the end!
So, as you can see I'm just rambling!
Just to ramble I guess!
For the blogs I read on a regular basis, I swear, I'll be back this week to read up on you and see whats happening! I didn't desert you, I swear!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow .. time sure flies when you are having fun!!! I can't believe you are getting sooooo close!!!

11:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a awesome blog! "Life after vacation " WOW!

I've got on stretch mark cream related info.

Come see when you can.

4:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home