The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Anniversary trip fast approaching

In our room, above our bed we have a giant USA map. Boring, huh?
Well, actually it is our most exciting piece of home decor.
Each year for our anniversary, we travel to a different state. By our 50th anniversary, we plan, God willing, to have traveled the entire country together. (well, at least one place in each state)
I can't think of anything more cool than to say I'm traveling the country with my husband! It might take us 50yrs, but by God! We're going to do it!
Our anniversary is next week, so we are going to be leaving...JUST the two of us...on Friday afternoon-Wednesday to go to St. Louis, Missouri to spend 5 fabulous nights and 4 wonderful exciting days together.
This is our 4th anniversary, so our map isn't going to look so bare anymore! We come home and permanent marker the state we went to, the anniversary we went there, and highlight the towns.
Maybe some day our children, or great-grandchildren or great GREAT grandchildren will want to follow in our footsteps and follow our lead!
So, this will most likely be my last post until late next week!
Enjoy your weekend and week ahead...and I can't wait to check up with you when I get back!
------------
A little baby/Logan news. It is 100% open to feel 'baby' kicking away on the outside of my belly these days. (I LOVE IT) and I thought Logan would like to feel. He put his hand on my belly and 'baby' promptly kicked his hand. He giggled, and when I asked if he felt it, he sheepishly said yes. It was something I'll never forget! He now LOVES to put his hand on my belly.
Another good thing (or bad, depending on how you look at it) about pregnancy is your ever growing...ahem...chest! Well, the other morning, we were in bed when Logan woke up to join us. I was on my side and he asked if he could talk to the baby. I said sure! So, where does he talk? My belly of course, right? Wrong! My BOOB! Head close of course so baby can hear...'Hi baby! How are you in there? Are you stuck in there? Can you come out now?'...all directed to my boob! I couldn't stop laughing, although I tried really hard!...and of course the moment was just too sweet to make him STOP talking, and move his head to my belly.
What does that tell you....I've grown considerably! haha!
---
Bye ladies! See you next week!

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

That's so cute about Logan :) As for the trip I hope yall have a wonderful time .. that's a great idea about all the states :) I hope you guys make it to all 50 (and then to a few extra countries too!!!)

3:09 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I think that's awesome with the map. I have a friend who is in her 70s and she's got a giant map of the world in her entry way with a happy face sticker every where she's been. She's from Romania, so she'd already covered a lot of ground in Europe before she came to the states, but there's hardly a spot on the map she hasn't been these days. Its so cool to look at.
So glad the baby can be felt "on the outside" these days and Logan is enjoying it.
Enjoy your trip!

6:50 PM

 
Blogger Crista said...

Okay, I *literally* Laughed Out Loud on that one, couldn't help myself...too funny!!

Have a great trip and a wonderful anniversary!!!!

7:01 AM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Hey! Hey! I'm from St. Louis!! Have a wonderful time, and tell my home hello for me!!

Too cute about Logan and baby!!

9:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home