The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Lets start my 100 things...

1. I got married September 16, 2000. We were so young, at least it seems to me now. I sure didn't think so at the time! I was JUST 23, and my husband was JUST 24. I look back at the pictures and still see childhood in me! We dated for almost 5 years before the wedding. I actually met him when I was only 18. We moved in together 2 years after we started dating. He was my first serious relationship. I married the best person in the world for me! I am so lucky I found him at such a young age!

2. I went to a private school from K-8th grade. There were only 18 people in my 8th grade graduation ceremony. We never had lockers (only hooks to hang our coat) We never switched classrooms. We had one teacher all day long. We had recess all the way through 8th grade. My prinipal smoked cigars in his office. In order to use the bathroom, we had to sign out before we left the classroom. At the end of the month, whoever went to the bathroom the most had to wear a burger king crown for the day. Yeah...that was nice as the girls were starting to get their periods.
We had to do strange punishments like hold chalk on our nose to the chalkboard while on our tippy toes. If our desks were too messy, the teacher would 'dump' them into a huge pile in the middle of the room with everyone elses stuff and you had to dig through the mess to find your stuff. Another great thing when you are just getting your period. We were not allowed to have boyfriends...at all!

3. Going from post #2, I transferred to our local public school for highschool which was thee most intimidating thing in the whole world. My first morning I only knew ONE girl from my elementary school. We walked down the hall, and people were kissing, swearing, and even talking back to teachers. We were terrified. The sophmores knew I was a freshman, but the freshman thought I was a sophmore, so no one talked to me. And I was way too shy to talk to anyone! At lunch, I sat by myself...alone...for quite some time. I HATED school! UNTIL...

4. I met my friends. Granted, I never felt like I was one of them...ever actually! But as time went on, I felt more comfortable with them. The pressure to fit in one group and be liked got me into some trouble. All my new friends smoked and drank (as well as other things) I worked at a family owned grocery store as soon as I turned 16. I STOLE (BAD ME!!) a pack of cigarettes (REDS mind you...haha! I had no clue) and on the way home I smoked my first cigarette. I remember the whole thing. I was SUCH a loser! I talked myself into actually enjoying the smell, between coughs (was I even inhaling? I have no clue) and told myself I could enjoy this. Stupid me later DID start enjoying it, and that led to a 8 yr smoking habit that was VERY hard to break.

5. I wore my first pair of jeans when I was in highschool. Now you might be thinking..WHAT? I'm serious! My parents never had much money (although we NEVER knew) and I would wear things like stretch pants etc. My mom wouldn't let me buy jeans. I never really pleaded until one day one of my friends in 8th grade asked why I never wore jeans. I started to realize that I was the ONLY one who never wore jeans. It was when I started highschool that I got my first stock of jeans. Wierd...I know! I still don't understand!

6. I got my first kiss when I was 16. I was a junior in hichschool. Can you belive that! Remember, I went from a crazy school through 8th grade to having NO friends my freshman year, to starting to have some pretty good friends my sophmore year which lead to my first 'boyfriend' and first kiss the beginning of my junior year. Actually, its kindof cool I waited so long, because I'll never forget it...ever! Its one of those things I'm glad I was old enough to appreciate it. I have a guy friend who lost his virginity at fricking age 12! I'm glad my first kiss was something so sweet that I'll remember forever!

7. I sang in the choir from 4th-12th grade. I loved singing, still do! If I could become someone else for a day, I'd give anything to step on stage and sing. But, anyway...our junior year, we were picked out of all the highschools in my state as one of 4 schools to go sing in Carnegie Hall. It was AMAZING! To stand on that stage and sing and look in to the (empty) crowd and see what all the other amazing singers back in the day saw. It is something I'll be proud of forever!
NYC is AMAZING, and someday, I can't wait to go back!

8. I have one older brother and one younger sister. We are all exactly 33 months apart. My brother was one of the meanest brothers I've known when we were growing up, and we had rug burns weekly from him dragging us down the hall to send us to our room. It was rediculous, really. We called my poor poor mom at work MULITPLE times a day screaming and crying because of my brother. Today, he is a well respected Accountant who will NEVER ever have children of his own. He's actually never had a girlfriend in his whole life. Its sad really. He's kindof a hermit. But he likes that! Someday, I hope someone finds him and sweeps him off his feet. We get along pretty well these days, although, he's still a bit odd. Don't all families have those odd members though?

9.My favorite singer in the whole world is Dave Matthews. I'm addicted to him and his music and would love to know more about his life. I think its so cool that he has twin daughters that are right around Logan's age. I've been to multiple concerts and will actually be going to another in October where I will see another favorite for the first time ever. Ben Harper. You have no idea how excited I am to see them both! Yes, I'm a DMB junkie! I'll try to convert you too, if you give me the chance!

10. Hmmm...last one. I was born August 9th, 5 weeks early, weighing in at 7lbs 12oz! 5 weeks early! Crazy, huh?

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Jen, we ARE a lot alike!! I even have a brother that sounds a lot like yours!! My brother is now a recovering alcoholic and drug addict, and not married. Pretty spooky!!!

11:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a anxiety drug site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

6:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home