The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, August 13, 2004

Perfect Eggs, every time!

While wandering through a store the other day, they had a TV airing infomercials for products they were selling.
As I walked by, the funniest thing was being adverstised. I wasn't watching, but couldn't help hearing the add.
There was a man, with a very chipper voice (as infomertial salesmen usually do) and he was talking about eggs. How sometimes eggs come out damaged, broken, and many times completely unusable. This product he was selling GUARANTEED a "perfect egg, each and every time"
I'm sure you realize that he was indeed talking about HARD BOILED eggs...not the eggs that I was thinking about! I couldn't hold in the laughter anymore.
Now, what are the makers of this contraption thinking?
They are making a product that people are using in $0.80 a dozen eggs. Why on earth are they not making a contraption that can 'guarantee a perfect egg each and every time' for human eggs? Think about it. If they are selling this device for cheap old eggs, chances are it is a very cheap product. Now, by the time a woman facing infertility finds out it is her eggs that are the problem, she would do just about anything to fix it, trust me, I know!! Including many expensive alternatives. IVF alone can cost upwards of $20,000!
Here I was daydreaming about how perfect it could be. A device that could make our eggs not 'damaged, broken, or many times unusable.'
A girl can dream, right?
-------------------------------------
On a different note, I was a huge dumbass today! While I think I am not so big yet for (yeah! 20 weeks tomorrow) I apparently am.
While outside this morning playing in the back yard with Logan I was deciding what to have for lunch. It was then that I saw quite a few yummy grape tomatos staring at my from my vegetable garden. As I got closer, I noticed a cucumber, a green pepper and also many many carrots all ready to eat. I was so excited to make a big salad that I couldn't wait to get the veggies out.
My veggie garden is surrounded by chicken wire because this year we have a million rabbits. So, on one corner, I can open it up and go in. Did I DO that? Of course not, that is the easy way! Instead, I walked to the other side, and tried to lift my leg to climb in. However, my leg couldn't get up all the way due to my stomach sticking out too far, and by the time I realized that my foot was already sortof stuck IN the fence. There was nothing I could do and I twisted around and feel IN the garden FLAT on my ass...HARD! Logan comes over and said, "mommy! I think you did a summer sault!" And, with tears in my eyes, I said, "ta-da! Mommy DID do a summer sault! How did I do?" I instantly felt...wet...and so we gathered my veggies and brought them in. I started feeling a pain on my side, so I called the doctor who said that I should be more concerned about my 'bottom' than my baby. That there was plenty of fluid to protect my baby, and to watch for bleeding or contractions. I DID have a few contractions about an hour after the fall, but they went away quickly. The pain is now, after 5 hrs starting to go away in my abdomen, but my sacro-illiac joints which were all ready bad are so SO sore right now. I almost can't walk.
That doesn't sit so well with Logan, so Dave just took him to the park so I could rest. I start my physical therapy on Monday, so hopefully the soreness will go away.
------------------------------------
Guess what? Tomorrow, I am 20 weeks pregnant! Exacly half way to my due date! I can't tell you how happy I am to be at this point. There is no way I EVER thought I'd be 20 weeks pregnant again, so this is just a huge huge moment for me. I go in for my 'BIG ultrasound' on TUESDAY!
I'm finding out the sex. Any guesses? I can't wait to find out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

Big congrats on 20 weeks! May the next 20 be as comfortable and easy as can be.

9:59 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Yay!!! 20 weeks!!! Congrats!!

Now, would you PLEASE start behaving yourself, and stop doing somersaults!! lol! How are you feeling? (((((Hugs))))))

5:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home