The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, August 02, 2004

With a itch itch here, and an itch itch there...

here a itch, there a itch, everywhere a itch itch...
----------------
Well, its sortof been a weekend from hell.
I've been SICK! In bed all weekend. I think that I may have overdone helping my parents move on Thursday and Friday. Saturday I woke up with a migraine from hell. It lasted all day (vomiting included) and all day sunday...all night sunday. I threw up a bunch of times, and that is the only way I would get out of bed. ANY light was too much light. I was lucky it was the weekend because I don't know what I would have done had Dave not been home to watch Logan!
I didn't get to help my parents at all this weekend, and now little Logan is sick AGAIN! This time with a major head cold! The poor little man can't catch a break!
But the strange thing is, while my headache, on a scale of 1-10 is about a 2 (MUCH better than yesterday) I am itching like CRAZY! My arms, legs, back, shoulders...you name it, it itches! NO rash though, just plain old itchy! I'm extrememly sleepy though too, so it is sortof a good time for Logan to be sick. We layed in my bed ALLLL morning reading books and watching PBS kids. (yes, I know next week I'll be complaining about MY head cold! heehee)
I'm having Dave pick up some oatmeal bath and calemine lotion on his way home hoping that helps. Ever see the friends episode where Phoebe and her boyfriend duct taped pot holders to their hands to stop the itchies of the chicken pox(I think)...I'm almost there!
What strange symptom is this??
I have my next appt on Wednesday.
It will be relieving to hear the heartbeat. I wish I would have rented one of those doppler things a long time ago. Now, I think its just too late. I swear, it would have put me at ease SO many times by now!
OH! Good news! My triple screen came back 'within normal limits'. I find out the exact odds on Wednesday, but within normal limits is enough for me!
Hope you're all doing well!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen,

You should always call your doc when you get a bad headache. Just to be on the safe side. You need to make sure your blood pressure is okay, and headache can be the first forewarning of higher blood pressure.

I'm sure all is well, but it can't hurt to buy a cheapie cuff to keep at home just to be sure.

Also, call about the itching - it's weird to have those two symptoms back to back.

And... go ahead and get the doppler. I plan on using mine the whole way through this pregnancy. It's never too late to eavesdrop on that beautiful heartbeat.

Julia

4:54 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well!! I hope that you & Logan feel better again soon!

On the doppler--if you get a BP cuff and stethoscope, check with your doc to see when you can hear the heartbeat with the stethoscope before paying for a doppler. Much cheaper, and easier to use!!

5:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home