The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Sick Logan

Yesterday we had the best day!  We did housework together (ever see a 2 yr old mop the floor! The floor doesn't get as clean as you would like, but the memories are whats important) and played outside all morning.  After nap we went and basically bought the produce section of the grocery store and came home to have snack of many mixed fruit! Yum! Then we went out and played in the sprinkler.  Daddy came home, and I went in to make dinner.  All was going great! I told Daddy and Logan to come in to wash their hands, as I was taking everything to the deck to eat outside.  Our plans were to enjoy a nice meal outside, and then watch Logan build sandcastle after sandcastle in the sandbox.
INSTEAD, after the hand washing, Logan sat down to eat (many of his favorites) and decided he was "all done". I figured he just wanted to go play, so I made him eat a couple bites when he just started BAWLING how he wanted to go to bed.  His bears would make him feel better.  Instantly, he looked sick!  His eyes got all glazed over, his skin was pink.  We let him go up to bed, and then came up to take his temp.  102.4!
Wherever THAT came from, I have NO idea!
Within 45 minutes the 102.4 went up to 103.2.  He was lifeless and SOOOO sick looking.  Not coughing, vomiting, diarrehea(sp?)...NOTHING!  He didn't move when we put the cool washclothes under his arms and head.  The office told us to give him motrin and 30 min later tylenol.  It worked! His temp dropped to the 101's by 9pm.  I checked on him at midnight and 4am.  He was feeling warmer at 4pm, and when he woke up at 7:00am, his temp was again 102.4.  It got down to 101.8 a half hour after tylenol.
I just checked it again, and its back up to 102.2.
The thing is, besides his glassy eyes, and NO appetite, and just wanting to sit on the couch and watch TV, I wouldn't think he was sick!  He isn't your typical 'sick' with things coming out of either end...he just has this fever!
So, he has an appt in an hour, where I'm sure they will just look in his mouth and ears and tell me its viral, but I still want to take him.
Its so hard to see your little boy who is always happy and laughing so misreblely sick!  Lets hope that this is not the flu, and that it is just in the beginning stages. 
Sick babies are so sad!

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Oh no! Poor Logan!! Give him a big hug for me! I hope that he feels better soon!

9:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, poor little guy. I hope he's feeling better soon! When Liam was about that age he got sick like that, just a high fever. After the fever finally broke he got a full body rash. Turns out it was rosiolla (sp?) The rash didn't bother him at all, it bothered me though, he looked awful. LOL But he was just fine, and the rash didn't last long.

-Arwa

11:37 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

I was just going to suggest that it might be Rosiolla. The higher fever with no other real symptoms made me think of it right away. I hope and pray that he will be fine soon!!!

6:19 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Arwa and Stephanie, do you know if you can get Roseola two times? Logan had it last year, but the temps weren't quite this high.
He still has a fever ranging from the mid 102's to mid 100's, even with motrin.
Its been over 24 hrs now with a constant fever. Its NEVER gotten down to normal yet.
I guess I'm just a worry wort.
He's playing fine, but the darn fever is making me nervous!

7:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure if they could get rosiola more than once, so I looked it up. It said children can get it more than once, but it is rare for that to happen.

How's Logan today? Hope you're able to keep that fever down. Keep him drinking his liquids! I hope he's better soon.

Arwa

2:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home