The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, August 16, 2004

P.T. and prayer request!

Today was my big Physical Therapy appointment. The Therapist seemed very nice, a big man who didn't really say much at first. Until he asked about my previous pregnancies. I told him this was my third pregnancy and that I have one child who is almost 3. He has twins who are almost 3, so that was fun. It turns out that he thinks this is purely muscular, and thinks that I will be able to get this turned around fairly easy. I'm glad he thinks so, because I've seriously been invisioning my life as someone who might wind up in a wheel chair. No lie. Its been so bad, and it literally feels as if there is a knife in my ass and if I move the wrong way, or step too fast it slices me.
He gave me some stretches that I am to religiously do, and I am going back in 2 weeks. Unfortunatly he said that I have a fine threshold, and that if I cross it, I will be in severe pain afterwards, so until we know exactly what that threshold is, we just have to play it by ear. I'm thinking its not too big, seeing I've done barely a thing and I can hardly step with my left leg. I HAVE to go to the grocery store too this afternoon, so I hope I make it through, and that LOGAN makes it through without too much drama.
----------------------------
Tomorrow is my u/s. PLEASE pray that there are no soft markers for downs. Like I said, I feel much better about the odds, even though they are much lower than they SHOULD be by age. But of course, it STILL is a bit stressful. Plus, I'd really rather not have an amnio...really.
Also, if you could say a prayer...I'm so nervous that this baby will have the same brain cyst that Logan has. I'm quite sure he/she WON'T, but of course, if you have a child with any birth defects/problems, you will stress with your 2nd child as well.
I'm going to grab a bit of sugar (hmm...an excuse for a candy bar! I seriously haven't had one this whole pregnancy!) so hopefully this baby will be WIDE awake and ready to show off the 'goods' so I can come back and share that wonderful bit of news with you all! :)
--------------
Christine (My house) has started doing 100 things about herself on her blog. I've also seen a few other bloggers doing this recently too! I think its a great idea, and I might just have to start myself! Although, I'm not sure I have 100 things that anyone would think is intersting, it might be good to go through my life bit by bit to go back through memories!
Maybe I'll do 1-2 a post until I reach 100! I'll start tomorrow! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Of course you have my prayers. And be sure to follow your PT's orders. I really hope that he can help you.

And even though I started the 100 things about me, I'll be surprised if I get past 50!

8:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the scan today! I'm sure all is well.

I also bet the PT will help you out sooner than you imagine. Definitely stick with it.

Julia

9:36 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Praying everything goes great with your U/S !!!!

11:09 AM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Praying for a good U/S!
Looking forward to 100 things.

1:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home