The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Back from the ultrasound!

And let me tell you, we had the BEST tech! She was so nice, gave us a bunch of pictures and just had a good time with us!
The 'baby' is weighing in at 14 oz! :)
They didn't (or couldn't) get length, so we don't know that.
There seems to be no cyst growing in baby's brain, which is a relief. Although, there wasn't one yet at Logan's 20 week u/s either, but hey..its still a relief.
Unfortunatly, my doc lead me to believe that we'd know if there were any soft markers for downs on this u/s, but the tech said they don't do that at all. If we needed that we'd have to go to a peri.
She told me at the end that I should call my doctor to request that. She then said, 'im not saying anything is wrong, but if you got the results you did, it might be worth it.'
I called my doctor and my nurse talked to him and he said he would rather just wait and read the reports himself before we made that decision.
I'm not going to read into what the tech said at all, and just wait for my doctor to read the results and go from there.
Dave and I were just so excited this morning. We were laughing and joking and just couldn't wait to hear the results.
You see...
all along I've said I wanted 2 boys. I really think it would be fun in a few years to see the boys out playing catch...fishing with Daddy...etc...and seeing we ONLY are having 2 children (for SURE!) I'd be super estatic either way. Plus, if it was a boy, we'd be SO set on LOTS of things, and wouldn't have to go spend an arm and a leg on new things.
I really enjoy being a mom of a boy...SO MUCH that I don't think I'd know what to DO with a girl!Right?
But, as the weeks went on, I've been really feeling its a girl. Things were totally different this time than last time with Logan...cravings, etc. Heartrate was always in the 160's.
I just had a FEELING it was a girl. I had a FEELING with Logan that it was a boy, and it never waivered, so I was positive this was a girl too based on my feeling.
As I thought that, I also started thinking about things that I never thought about before. Proms, Weddings, going out at age 7 just to get our nails done. Shopping, having someone to scrapbook with etc....So, I decided that maybe I really DID want a girl, and I just didn't want to admit it to myself.
So...she asked if we wanted to know the sex, and we said YES!

We are expecting a bouncing baby BOY!

I was SO wrong! Dave wasn't positive but was leaning on the boy side, so he was right this time, and I was completely wrong. They whole pregnancy with Logan he was positive it was a girl!
Of course, we are just estatic!!
But, without sounding TOO horrible, and I apologize if I do, a part of me is a little sad that I won't experience pig tails, mary-janes, proms, fingernail polish...you get the picture! I could go on and on, but I think you understand. Hopefully one of our siblings will have a daughter some day and I swear, I'll be the coolest aunt! :)
But, that said, we can't WAIT to do all the boy things in life! Camping, fishing (well, they will fish, their vegetarian mommy will sit back and read a good book), football?, Hey! I can always have some mommy time while the 3 guys watch Sunday football, right? Or heck! I'll just have to learn about football!
PLUS, while I may be a scardy cat of spiders and worms and bugs, I'm a good tomboy! AND I'll have 3 handsome guys to scare the bugs away! :)
And can you imagine mothers day with 2 boys! I just can't wait!
While things turned out differently then I had expected, we are so SO happy!!


3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

YYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!! A boy!!! Congrats! That's great news! Do you have a name picked out yet?? I'm so happy for you!

And I agree, taking a laid back approach at this point in regard to the level 2 u/s isn't a bad idea. See what your doc says and go from there!

Jen's having a BOY!!!!

4:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww! Congratulations, Jen!!

I can just see you camping already!

Where are the u/s pics, by the way?

Julia

9:00 AM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Hey Jen--How's the PT going?? Feeling any better??

7:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home