The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Another lovely comment from my 'friend'

Sometimes I think I need to build a dome around my life. That way I can let in or NOT let in whom I choose when I choose.

I got a call from my 'friend' today who was telling me about her SIL's wedding this weekend. How it was horrible, bad, everything went wrong. They're not ready to be married, they haven't know each other for even a year...and then she said the whole family feels that way.

**Sidenote, my parents met and were married w/in 10 months and will just celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary last month**

She then told me laughing the whole time how her MIL and her were having a discussion about which God to pray to to get ahold of the 'infertility gods'. Because THESE people do not need to reproduce.
Nice, huh? Even nicer to talk about this HORRIBLE joke to a friend who WENT through infertility.
I was speechless. I said, 'yeah...that's nice' and of course she tried to dig herself out of it, but its just not 'diggable'.
I have nothing else to add really, as I'm still completely shocked that this came out of someone's mouth. Yes, she got pregnant the first time on accident which lead to her marraige. The second pregnancy was on her honeymoon, completely planned although she knows nothing about fertility...just that you have to have sex and you'll get pregnant.
Apparently she forgot the phonecalls where I couldn't stop crying because of the deep depression I was in because of the 'infertility gods'.
Hmmm...funny what some people find humerous, isn't it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

Ugh. Its crazy what people say. I'm so sorry.

3:40 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

You know .. that's extremely harsh to say about anyone .. especially retelling this story to someone who has dealt with problems with infertility. Why do people have to be so incredibly insensitive.

3:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home