The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

11-20 'things about me'

11. I used to be an runner. Track was my sport of choice. I participated from 6-12th grade. I was a sprinter. I did the 100, the 200, the 4x100 relay, the 4x200 relay, and the triple jump (which I sucked at). I'd love to be a distance runner, but I just don't have the stamina! Although, I SWEAR after this baby is born, I'm getting my butt in the best shape of my life! Its a goal!!

12. I ran away once in highschool. I was 16, a junior. My best friend used to get beat up by her parents. It was a bad situation. We joked all the time about going away together, but one night it got so bad she called and told me if I wasn't going with her, she was going alone.
I dropped my sister off at school, and picked her up and off we went to Chicago. We 'ran' to my cousin's apartment (she was 16 also and lived with her parents...duh!) and she did her best to help us out. When nightfall came and we had no where to sleep, she told her dad. We almost slept on the roof of a fricking building! My parents drove up that night and we're so disappointed in me. Now, as a parent, I can't believe I did that to my parents...EVER!

13. I have one tatoo. A gecko on my right ankle. My parents gave me $50 for my 18th birthday to go 'shopping' with my friends. haha! Thanks mom and dad! :) I'd totally get another, but Dave doesn't have any, and I think he'd look so sexy with one! If I can ever talk him into getting one, I'll get one with him!

14. I *almost* got my belly button pierced at age 17 with a fake ID. I went with 2 girlfriends, (only 1 was 18, the other one used a fake too!) and there were only 2 chairs. Watching them go through with it about made me pass out! I'm glad I was supposed to be last! It never happened! (And I SO don't regret not doing it either!)

15. When I went to college, my friend and I started hanging out with our senior advisor (the more I think about it, the more I think what a loser he WAS to hang out with JUST 18 yr old's while he was a 5th yr senior)
Anyway, my friend starting 'dating' him, and I started 'dating' his roomate. We got into all the bars in town because all the bouncers were friends of OUR new friends. My real friends (even to this day friends) were so jealous and angry with us when we had to leave to go to the bars! haha! We thought we were SO cool!

16. Dave said that one of the network TV organizations should have done a TV sitcom based on my college friend life. You see, there was a small group of us. Only myself and one other girl, and the rest were guys. Guys are so much easier to be friends with, don't you agree?
Anyway, the group was so diverse! I wish I could share the names of my friends, but I won't do that. If I did, you'd see the diverse ethnicity of the group! One guy was from China, another from India, another from the Philippines, one guy was Italian, and then there were 3 boring old us's! :)
It was just funny because the school we went to was NOT very diverse, and I loved our tightnit group! We're still best of friends to this day!

17. My mom and dad got married in 1969, and immediatly after their wedding my dad got drafted to Vietnam. He left the first year of their marraige and served in the Marines. He was one of the men fighting men out in the jungle. I can't imagine what my dad saw and went through, but I'm so proud of him for making it out of there and home. I can't imagine what my mom went through without him!

18. I'm really craving some pumpkin pie right about now! And I'm going to have to have some before the darn gloucose test next week just incase I fail! I NEED pumpkin pie! If they tell me I can't have any, I'll cry! :)

19. Gosh, this is getting hard at the end!
Did I do this one already? I'm a huge scrapbooker! I love scrapping anything that has to do with Logan and our life together! It relaxes me, I'm proud of what I accomplish, and I know someday Logan (or his wife) will look back and love what I have done. I can't wait to do more baby pages with the new baby! (Although I wish I could do just ONE pink girly page!)

20. We are 99% sure on what we are going to name our baby! No one knows (except anyone reading from soul sisters) because long before we knew the sex we named it as one of our choices, and EVERYONE hated it! We're not sharing until after the baby comes now because everyone can just screw off with their comments on OUR baby name choices!
Besides, I think it is a great name, unique yet not new and trendy (think old fashioned) and straight to the point! Can't wait to share it with you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Mmmmm.....pumpkin pie...thanks for the new craving, Jen!!

Not sharing the name, huh? Well, I don't blame you! We're using old family names, too. I like that. I don't know if our kids will like that, but oh well. We all survive our names. (I have every right to name my kid an old atrocious name. My middle name is A...ahhh, you'll just have to wait until I add to my 100 things about me!!)

2:52 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Yeah, sharing names isn't all that fun. People tell you just what they think! But, I'm a horrible secret keeper, so I couldn't keep Liam's name in!
Did I miss something? are you having another boy? I'll need plenty of boy advice. I'm a pink and glitter girly girl!
and now you've got me hungry for pumpkin pie!

3:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home