The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

FYI~If you have a child who likes to talk...

DON'T tell him the possible name of your soon to be born child unless you want him to spill the beans!

As I've told you before, Logan thinks the baby's name is 'KERMIT'....(as in, the frog...yes...cute, but NOT happening!)
Well, shoot! I almost want to spill the beans here on what name we have chosen! Should I?....
....
...
..
Well, I'll decide at the end of this post!
OK, so we were at my parents, and I was on the couch and Logan wanted to cuddle, but then he said my tummy was in the way! haha! My mom asked what was IN my tummy, and Logan said, 'the BABY Grandma!'
And Grandma asked what the baby's name was, fully expecting that Logan would say what he does everytime that question is asked..."Kermit!"
But NOOOOOOO! What did he say?(...Miles) The name that Dave and I OCCASIONALLY say outloud in front of him.
The name that we decided we weren't going to use in front of Logan just in case this happened.
But apparently he has a memory like crazy! He said it!
SHOOT!
I tried oh so hard to laugh it off saying, "oh yeah! He likes that name! ha..ha...haha..." all the while my cheeks are turning red and I'm thinking CRAP!!!!!
So, hopefully my mom blew it off, but seeing she HATES the name, I'm quite positive she knows now what we are 99% sure naming this child!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

Yeesh! I'll have to remember that children have steel trap minds!
For what its worth, I like the name =)

11:56 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Love the name!! And Logan is just too cute!! I cracked up over the Kermit thing!! My neice and nephew are convinced that if this is a boy, it will be "Baby Nemo" and a girl will be "Baby Dory." Too funny!! Either way, it looks like we're having a fish!!

10:49 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Love the name! Sorry he spilled the beans.

11:24 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Christine...FISH! haha! Too cute!
Mia, that is absolutly CRAZY!
I have said though that its too bad Logan didn't pick a NORMAL name that we could use as the middle name, but Kermit just doesn't do it for me! :)

12:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home