The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

I hate these kind of posts...

the kind where you are so angry you know you'll probably type something that you shouldn't have? Or your emotions will change right after you hit publish.

I'm sick. I have a head cold that is in my head and in my chest. Not only that, I have become infested with cold sores. They are coming out of both of my nostrils (beautiful, huh?) and in my mouth. Blowing my nose hurts my sores so bad. My eyes are swollen for God knows what reason. My sacro-illiac joints (which I have a problem with this pregnancy) are hurting so bad from digging out my garden that I can hardly walk without falling over in pain. I'm starting to swell. My feet are swollen, and my hands are starting to swell.
I look and feel misreble. I've been having a lot of contractions since I've gotten sick. Everyday. Hours at a time. I can tell they are braxton hicks though from when I was in REAL labor with Logan. And plus, they always go away, so I'm not TOO worried.
I'm 28 weeks today.
Now, if you want to know how I'm feeling about my pregnancy...I'm loving it 100%~ until this cold set in. I honestly can't 'complain' about anything! I'm seriously loving everything! I'm not sad about the stretch marks, about the scale, about the things that once were called breasts. Now they are just sagging piles of flab that land on my belly. Really cute! But, I don't mind it one bit either! I'm not complaining about my very small amt of clothes I have to go into the fall and winter with because I'm not buying anything else for 12ish more weeks. I'm not finding food restrictions or indulgments hard etc.
This is a MUCH easier and more welcome pregnancy to my body than Logan's pregnancy.
NOW...that said, this cold and everything else right now is just wearing on my body and my mind.
Not only have I been sick, and Logan sick (although he's MUCH better and has a zillion more degrees of energy than I do right now) Dave has also been working a million hours this week. Days and nights. In fact, his Thursday shift stretched out to 20 hrs! WITHOUT a break. Nice, huh? So, not only am I pregnant, sick and taking care of a sick toddler. I'm doing it without my husband around. THEN, when he is home, he's catching up on his sleep.
We were both just in the livingroom. Me on the floor playing cars with Logan, him vegging on the couch watching football.

I'm sad and uncomfortable and said, "I'd give anything to just soak in a swimming pool right now" (just the thought of taking my swollen overly hot body and plop it in a cool pool!)(no...not "hot" in the cute sense of the word. More so the "hot" pregnancy hot where you sweat from just standing up...wonderfully attractive)
And he said, 'go take a bath!'. When I explained that that wouldn't be the same as I would just like to be weightless for a while. I KNEW I didn't have a pool to go in, I was just daydreaming outloud. What was HIS response, as I'm sitting there with swollen feet, swollen hands, swollen eyes, cold sores coming out of my nose and mouth (without being able to take any medication to get rid of them) and my overly large belly with my sore joints?
"You WANTED to be pregnant!"
Yes, you read that right....I deserve all the illness, sickness that I have because I wanted to be pregnant!
And then, when I told him how insensitive his comment was, he didn't understand HOW it was insensitive. He was just stating a fact!
How do men get through life without having any brains!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

I am sorry you are so sick. I get cold sores too, usually 2 at a time on my lips, and take Famvir or Valtrex for them. Can you take those when pregnant? I hope they go away soon and your cold gets better. Why are husbands so totally insensitve sometimes? My husband has a cold and the world comes to an end. I get a cold and I am just being a whimp! I can only imagine how it will go when I am pregnant. Blessings to you for a fasat recovery!

8:37 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Men can be insensitive boobs. And they normally pull that routine at the worst times. I am sending you lots and lots of feel better soon vibes.

9:26 AM

 
Blogger Christine said...

I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well!! I hope that you feel better soon! I wish that I could be there totake care of you. It sounds like you could use some TLC. Feel better soon!

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

9:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home