The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Sunday, October 17, 2004

A sad post

She's in her upper 80's and lives in Alabama...alone. Her husband died almost 2 yrs ago.
She got in a major car accident this afternoon and is in critical and unstable condition. She has a partially broken back, (but no paralysis) broken ribs, broken pelvis, broken femur bone, and a "severe and complicated" broken hip.
She is bleeding internally by the hip. apparently there are lots of arteries there????? And because of blood thinning medication and her age and condition they cannot do surgery.
Her ONLY chance of survival is this procedure they are trying right now. They are trying to put a blood clot in her arteries that are bleeding internally to stop them.
This has a 50% chance of working. If it doesn't, she will bleed to death internally. And if that is the case, it won't take long.
If it DOES work, I can't see she will live much longer anyway with all her SEVERE injuries.
I'm sure you can understand how sad Dave is, and Daves mom being so far away from HER mom at this time.
I don't even know what I want you to pray for. For her to make it to live in pain and misery, or for her to go home to God and her husband she misses so dearly.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Praying now.

2:06 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Thanks "emily" for those touching comments at a time like this.

7:56 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh honey. I am so sorry for Dave and Dave's mom and Dave's mom's mom. Sending prayers for all of them. In times like this I try to pray for peace .. however they may need to find it.

8:42 AM

 
Blogger Crista said...

I'm so sorry, and I'm praying for a miracle. They do happen. Many, many, many ((((hugs)))) to you and Dave.

1:11 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Prayers coming your way. I know what you mean when you say you don't know what to pray for, which is the "better" course. We had a situation like that in our family this year. So, I pray that whatever happens, that your whole family has peace to ease the pain. She will be in my prayers, as will all of you.

8:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home