The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, October 29, 2004

apparently, it isn't normal

to have the contractions coming every two minutes for about an hour and then every 5 minutes for a few hours after that.
Hmmm...ya think?
That is what happened last night. I honestly wasn't TOO worried due to my most recent u/s findings of my 4cm cervix.
PLUS, seeing I've been contracting so much, I assumed there was nothing different going on. It was more so just uncomfortable.
Well, after Dave gave up trying to get me to the hospital (I figured we'd call his mom to come sit at our house while Logan was sleeping, and we'd drive the 25 minutes there only for them to stop right when they hooked me up.) I promised him I'd call first thing this morning.
I am being started on nifedipine today. I'm not sure of the dosage yet, I have to pick it up after Logan wakes up from his nap.
Hopefully this will calm down the contractions (which I REALLY think is nothing more than uterine irritablity) and then we can relax a bit more.
The big bummer for Logan and myself is the restrictions I've been placed on. Dave has to travel, yet again, next week for 3 nights, 3 days. We were going to go with him. He got a suite, a great pool in the hotel, we were going to eat on the company..shhh! But, the doctor nixed it right away. The nurse said however that at my appt on Monday he might change his mind if the contractions were under control this weekend with the meds. His reasoning, of course, is if I were indeed to go into labor I'd be 2 1/2 hrs away. MY reasoning is I could really use a little R&R, and would love to eat out for every meal and not have to do dishes, cook, clean, or any of that for 3 days.
Lets hope he changes his mind if the contractions are under control.
So here I am 31 weeks tomorrow and it looks as if the drama is about to begin. Don't get me wrong, I'll do whatEVER it takes to keep baby healthy, but I went through all this with Logan and still delivered 2 days after my due date. I just have that feeling the same thing will happen this time. And the last 9 weeks of this pregnancy I don't want to spend lying around letting Logan watch too much TV! I want to get out there and spend some quality fun time with him. I'm sure there will be way too much TV time once this baby comes in the dead of winter. And the thought of taking him swimming in November just sounded like a lot of fun.
But I guess I'll have to be creative and think of something fun in a different kind of way.
Its just this is the 3rd week out of 4 that Dave will be gone for days in a row.
The first week he was gone Sun night-Friday night.
Then, last week he was gone Thursday night-Monday night (to visit his grandma)
Now he's been home all week this week except he's been on call so I haven't seen much of him.
Now, next week Monday night-Thursday.
I'm getting lonely... :(

4 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

Yeesh. I hope those meds work and you can go get some much deserved R&R. Otherwise you're left home to clean for five hours (*wink*)
Will be praying that the contractions stop and all is well so you can spend some quality time with Logan.

3:53 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Sending you lots of no labor vibes. Keep that baby baking!!!!

9:10 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Ok, take your meds and out your feet up. I hope that things clam down so that you can go away. Your trip sounds much more relaxing than staying home cooking and cleaning. You've given up the five hour cleaning binge, right?? Hey, take care and hang in there. (((Hugs)))

9:57 AM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Hey! WHere are you? HOW are you?? I've been checking your blog religiously for an update!! I'm thinking of you!!

(((Hugs)))

10:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home