The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Nesting is a real condition...

And I'm here to prove it!!
Did I not tell you in my last post that it would be a pre-curser to all the work I had in store for me?
Well, its true!
First, today I am 33 weeks! And I'm so excited about that! 33 weeks! No need to say anything else about that! :)

Second...its SO unfair to be nesting and to not have a bare empty room to start creating the new place your baby will live!
So, what do you do if you don't have a bare room! You make do!
I finished painting the lower half of the wall on Thursday night, and Dave finished painting the high stuff today and now our room is 100% painted. We have to add a chair rail, and that will be probably late next week or the following week. So, now it looks funny with the top half brown, the bottom half green and a fuzzy line of white in the middle. I can deal with it though! Its beginning to look like a baby room, and not a dump-all office! (You know what I mean if you have an office, right? Or are we the only slobs in the world?)
I pulled out Logan's changing table, and although I need to get a new pad on top and new contact paper on the bottom shelves to match this room...its IN the nursery! In its SPOT! I pulled in the ottoman and glider and table and put them in THEIR spot!
Yes, we still have a table in here full of STUFF that has no home right now, we have our computer desks (2 of them) and also a small filing cabinet and 3 boxes of stuff, but PEOPLE! The POINT is, I have a changing table, a glider, an ottoman, a table and a lamp IN THE BABY ROOM! Just pretend you don't see the white fuzzy line around the room and the rest of the junk and you might just think we were going to put a BABY in this room!

Now, we still don't have a dresser or a crib, but I DID purchase our new pack n play today. (Logan's crib was a hand me down and broke towards the end...same story with his pack n play)
so even if the baby decided to come early, at least I know he will have a place to sleep!
I'm going to finish our laundry tonight and start washing Logan's baby clothes.
I have to pick out the ones that I want to be extra special for him to save in his 'box'(which will be very hard because I can't imagine another baby wearing HIS clothes! how do people have GARAGE sales??)
Things are moving in a foward direction! Good thing, huh? Because...did I mention I'm 33 weeks today! ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

OMG 33 weeks. That is SO Exciting!!!
Good to see you made progress on the nursery! Are you tired? Make sure to stop when you need to.
33 weeks...I can only dream!

5:30 PM

 
Blogger ErinMary said...

I feel so excited for you! I can remember that nesting feeling...
I know what you mean about the baby clothes...I couldn't stand to part with them. I keep the t-shirt Tommy wore at the hospital in my top drawer along with one of his newborn diapers (not a used one, lol). I just want to be able to remember how tiny he was.
Good luck with your nursery!
-Erin

7:05 AM

 
Blogger Crista said...

Congrats!! 33 weeks is so awesome, and getting the room ready is great, too. Both of those things just seem SO far away for me right now!

Sorry I've been MIA for a while, but I'm glad to have caught up with you tonight. I'm also so glad that DH's grandma is a fighter -- how is she doing?

9:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home