The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The time has come in this pregnancy...

...where I am just plain tired.
**TOTAL WHINEY POST...READ at your OWN risk!**
I didn't think I'd get there! I am enjoying every last minute of this pregnancy, and thought it would all be cake-walk because I tried so hard to get here and all the hard symptoms I could breeze through.
Well, it really HAS been a cake-walk, up until this week I think.
I'm tired.
I'm going on 33 weeks, and let me tell you, staying home with a just turned 3 yr old, 2 birthday parties back to back(one at chuck-e-cheese which was purely exhausting!), a construction crew (as we 'speak') finishing up the drywall in our basement, cooking, cleaning, laundry, organizing, painting, and not sleeping can really REALLY make you tired.
The sleeping thing...I try to go to bed around 10ish, and then read for 30 min to clear my head. As soon as I put my head down on my pillow and turn out the light the heartburn from hell comes on. So, I try to prop myself up with a million pillows secretly wishing we had the funds to make a random purchase of a recliner so that I could sleep upright. When I finally get to sleep, I am woken up to use the bathroom(at least 3 times a night). And, apparently I think we will be having a night owl. He wakes me up many many times a night moving and grooving in my belly. (THAT doesn't bother me though! Its really reassuring!)
When the alarm goes off at 6:25, I feel more tired than I did before I went to sleep.
My eyes are puffy, and I look like I'm dragging.
I had to take off my wedding rings today because I'm swelling, and I'm so sad about that. I've gained 3 lbs this WEEK I believe (have an appt in an hour, so we'll see) which will bring me up to a 22 lb weight gain so far. Not bad for almost 33 weeks, and MUCH better than I was with Logan, but the 3 lbs in one week makes me wonder if it will be 3 lbs EVERY week!
We have yet to complete our nursery. In fact, only half of it is painted.
We have no crib.
We have no dresser.
We have none of Logan's clothes brought out yet.
In fact, I'm sitting on the computer IN the soon to be baby room! Its still an office!
All of this is planned, but when you have the finishing of the basement going on, that takes up a lot of time. And when the office will BE in the basement, where do you go with all the office furniture in the mean time? I think I'm 100% responsible for the nursery getting finished. Which, is GREAT but I also have 100% care of Logan to take care of too!
Every tried painting a room with a child around? Yes, its possible if you are watching him every second to make sure the small area you gave him to paint is staying in the lines, as to not get in the other color. (half is brown, half is green for a jungle theme)
I broke down in tears to Dave the other night in a emotional pregnancy state telling him I need a DAY off! A full day! Not one where he is home and Logan is home because then it always winds up that DAVE is the one who gets the day off because Logan is just used to me being around and I literally can't even use the bathroom without him with me. I need a full day to do things at my pace. The bummer is I don't think I'll get that day. No, I know I won't.

So, until then, my living room has turned into a play room with all of Logan's new toys spread all across the floor, and I don't have the energy to find new places for them.
My bathroom really could be cleaned today (But I probably won't do that)
I have about 4 loads of laundry to do.
I need to paint.
I have to take Logan to nap at my parents because the men working downstairs are WAAAY too loud to sleep here (which means a good 3-4 hrs out of the house so that I won't be accomplishing a thing)
And I have to go to the doctors soon and step on the dreaded scale!

Hmmm...maybe getting these feelings out is just what I needed to get a surge of energy and accomplish a lot, right?
We'll see! Maybe I'll post later, "I got my laundry done, my bathroom cleaned, Logan's toys organized and I'm just about to paint? All this while I have my gormet dinner in the oven and dessert cooling on the pie rack!"
...or not! :)


4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Okie ..I don't want to scare you .. but I have to point this out to you. The gaining 3 pounds in one week combined with the fact that your hands are swelling has me a touch concerned. As a person who went through Pregnancy induced hypertension and then Pre-eclampsia with my son (and I think I am facing the PIH again this time) I am very intune with those particular symptoms. Please put in a call to your OB or Midwife and mention those two things to them. They need to check your urine and your BP. Odds are you are just fine .. but it's a possibility that it could be more. Just wanted to give you a headache .. those two comments really Jumped off the screen at me when I was reading your post. Swelling in your legs and feet is common and not a cause for concern .. anytime however the swelling is in your hands or face .. there is a possibility it means more. Sending you lots of hugs .. hope everything is a-ok!!! Email me at sweetrobin@gmail.com if you have any questions!!!

9:36 AM

 
Blogger Kether said...

You watched too much wife swap. put down the duster. Step away from the stove and repeat after me. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO 5 HOURS OF HOUSEWORK A DAY.
The gourmet food sounds good, I'll let that slide.
I know whatcha mean about having so much to do. I'm five weeks behind you so I feel like you're leading the
train, so to speak. Take care of yourself. I know you've got a lot to do, but you've got to rest, too. I can't imagine how hard it is with a toddler.

11:44 AM

 
Blogger ErinMary said...

I'm tired just reading this...I gained 70lbs with my son, 40 of which just came off in the weeks following his delivery. I was swelling up like a water balloon, and the multiple IV's during labor didn't help.
I hope you can find a way to get that day off.
My house is a mess and dinner isn't made...uh, but I don't have a good excuse. Is Blogger a good excuse? Probably not.
Take care,
Erin

3:17 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Oh, hun! I wish that I could come over and give you a hand right now!!!

Hey, have you thought of hinting to Dave that now would be a really good time to have a maid service come by?? You know, you could call someone out of the phone book to come for one time only, or for now until you deliver. They're aren't that expensive, and it sounds like you could use the help. If he can't give you a full day off, maybe he could do this??

I swear, I'd be over if I could! I don't cook, but I could help with the laundry and organizing the new toys!

Listen to Kether, take some time out. Everything doesn't have to get done. The baby doesn't even need a nursery for a while anyway, right? It's not like he'll come home from the hospital and throw a fit because the painting isn't finished!!! Take 15 - 30 minutes for yourself today, and I don't mean winding down at the end with a book. While at your parents, or whenever, take 15 minutes, put your feet up, and take a deep breath, (Oh, and close your eyes so that you aren't staring at everything that needs to be done!!)

Hang in there, hun. It won't be long now...

(((Hugs)))

9:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home