The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

What a joke...(with a small update!)

I spent over an hour at Motherhood this evening. I figured it would be best to go without Logan so I could really take my time. Insanely swollen ankles and everything. I must have tried on 15 different dresses. What a fricking joke! Here, I think all the pregnant women in their adds look great in their fancy dresses and thought I might look semi-cute in one too! (I have a wedding on Saturday)
Well, the truth is that PROBABLY most of the women in their cutesy outfits are NOT pregnant, therefore do not have the weight added on in other places like MOST pregnant women do...as I do! Either that or they are meant for women who are under 6 months pregnant! I looked ridiculous. Plain and simple. I was sad! The woman working there was more interested in talking to her husband about what outfit she should buy for their holiday party coming up. I ran around the store like a chicken with my head cut off finding different sizes while she sat and shopped herself.
Oh...so, all along I figured that I was a medium. As, that is what I have in clothes at home, and yes, some are tight, but they aren't TOO tight! Well ladies...I'm not a medium. I'm a large. That was a little upsetting. I'm having a hard time with the weight gain this time! i have no idea why, but I just am. I'm up 25 lbs. While this might sound fine, its just hard to gain 25 lbs in 7 1/2 months! And lately with the water retention, the weight is appearing in my legs, and it WAS all in my stomach. Its a little sad to see, even though I know it will go away!
So, anyway, I settle on this black dress that I look the LEAST bit horrific in, and then find some cute flats at payless that have cute little flowers on the side. At least I thought they were cute until I came home and tried on the whole outfit for Dave. I looked SO funny! My ankles were SO swollen that I looked as though I HAD no ankles but only flowers sticking out of the sides of my feet. NO curves on my legs at all. Plain old elephant ankles. The dress looked hilarious!
I really didn't want to spend any money on this wedding because I'll be 35 weeks pregnant the day of the wedding. Who wants to spend money on a dressy outfit when I'm going to have a baby in a month or so? But after trying on the outfit and BOTH dave and I agreeing that I look like crap (in a nice way...really!) we have decided that I will go back, take it back and buy some dress PANTS and a cute top (clearanced! :)*) and THAT way, by the end of the evening after chasing Logan around all day/night I can hide my hideous ankles and feel semi-comfortable!
I wouldn't care at all really except this is a really exciting wedding for me. It will have all my college friends there, and they'll all be seeing me pregnant for the first time. They didn't see me pregnant with Logan (we all live in different states) and they'll be seeing me as a MOM for the first time. (they're mostly guys) and I don't want to look frumpy, and I REALLY want to look good!
On a GOOD note, I bought my babies coming home outfit while I was out shopping!
I tried to search for it on the Childrens Place website, but it was clearanced, so I guess its not on there. It is this SOFT FUZZY sweet little blue one piece outfit. It is baby blue, so I know it will go perfectly with his eyes. It is the most comfortable looking outfit. I just love it!
With Logan, I was in such a hurry to get him in pants and jeans and 'big boy' clothes so fast that with this baby, I want him to remain a BABY as long as I can! I'll be sticking with one piece outfits for as long as possible. How sweet the outfit is!
--
I had my 34 week appt today. Like I said, up 25 lbs. I have to start going weekly now. Which means from 30-40 weeks, I will have gone weekly except for one 2 week stretch. (due to the contractions).
Had a lovely cervical check again today. Still the same, long cervix, 1cm dilated. Its been that way for 4 weeks now (why do I think I'll go late with this pregnancy?)
Head is not engaged yet...still floating, and the doctor seems to think I have a more than average supply of amniotic fluid, so the baby has lots of fluid to move around in. (?? His words not mine)
I have my Strep test next week, so I believe I'll be having lovely pelvics from here on out.
Lovely.
Well, it is now time for me and my elephant ankles to go sit on the couch and relax for a while before I try to hop in bed (which is a feat all in itself..haha!! :)) and pray that I stay asleep tonight. Heartburn has for some reason thought that I needed company the last month. Its usually about 1:30 when I wake up with it, but tonight I think I'm exhausted enough to hopefully stay asleep! (Hopefully my bladder agrees!)
--
OH!! I forgot to add! We have a CRIB! A beautiful CRIB! Its all put together (by Logan and me!) and all it needs is a mattress! Its lovely!!! I washed all of Logan's 0-12 month clothes and forgot about a lot of the cute cute outfits he had! I can't wait to use them!!
I just cant believe I am almost 5 weeks until my due date! Girls! Can you??
---------------
OK, so I went back and tried on another 15+ outfits and FINALLY found something SOOO cute and SOOO comfy! Its cute black dress pants with a cute floral flowing top. They are stretch pants, and they will hide my elephant ankles! ;) And the shirt is 2 layers with the top being see-through and it is just so pretty! (it helps that it is longer so it hides my growing backside too! hee hee!) Being a SAHM I rarely have a chance to dress up, so I'm glad that I actually went shopping and actually got both the pants and the shirt for under $40. The pants I will be able to wear after the baby comes too! :) when I'm in that inbetween stage for the first few weeks or more.
Then I went and got a haircut and an eyebrow wax and feel like a million bucks! :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

A quick note on Motherhood Maternity: their sizes are all wrong! I've been wearing mediums (non-maternity) all my life, I became pregnant, and suddenly I'm a large?? And I bought these pants at, what, 14 weeks?? So don't feel bad about the clothes or the weight. It's not you, it's them.

Second, I'm so excited about the outfit and crib!! I want to see pictures!!

5 WEEKS??!!!! Wow!! Time has flown by!!!!

(((Hugs)))

7:39 AM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I was thinking of you this morning about how close you are getting to your due date. I'm so jealous.
Yay! a crib! Logan must be a good helper.
I think a pants outfit sounds good for the wedding--and I bet you look more beautiful than you're allowing yourself to see. Have fun at that wedding!

12:19 PM

 
Blogger Crista said...

I'm with Christine on the Motherhood size thing -- I went there a few weeks ago just for kicks and tried some things on and I was so depressed how horrid everything looked on me already -- and totally NOT big enough! I was much happier with Old Navy and Kohl's, thank goodness, though I don't suppose either would be good for a wedding outfit...I can't believe you have just 5 weeks until your EDD either! Amazing, and I love the happiness I can "hear" in your writing (despite the frustrations). :) Congrats!!

4:46 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Go knock 'em dead at that wedding--show them how great looking a pregnant SAHM can be!!

10:06 PM

 
Blogger ErinMary said...

By the time I had my son I practically had to roll myself up in old curtains and tableclothes, they were the only thing that fit me. I'm 6' tall and I gained 70lbs. with him! 30 of those pounds are still with me.
I think when you are so far along, no one notices anything about how you look other than the fact that you are very pregnant. I'm not saying if this is good or bad, I just think it's that way.
Hope ya had fun at the wedding!
-Erin

9:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer, Very informative. Great to see such that fresh sites are still out there. If you know anything about lady fancy dress or lady fancy dress feel free to send a post onto my blog. Thanks again

8:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer, Very informative. Great to see such that fresh sites are still out there. If you know anything about fancy dress for little girl or fancy dress for little girl feel free to send a post onto my blog. Thanks again

9:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer, stumbled upon your site accidently but it was such a fascinating read i was hooked for a good half hour. I'm currently trying to rekindle my blog on fancy dress hat but i feel my first few posts may have deterred people from responding. If you could post one for me, I feel it would help me collect information about fancy dress hat. Thanks again for the great read!

5:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home