The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

My list is dwindling down...

So, there is a list of things I have in my head that I wanted to get done with Logan or for Logan before the baby comes. It is a list that continues to grow, even though things are getting crossed off along the way.
I think I'm doing pretty good though!

Logan's 3 yr pictures....check!
Family pictures to remember the family as a 3 member family....check!
Let Logan pick out a present for the new baby....check! (An airplane pacifier...awww!)
Get all caught up in Logan's baby book and journal....check!
We've been waiting and waiting for the first snow fall of the year so we can start our new tradition of making cookies on the first snow fall. I plan to do this every year, but alas, there has been no snow. I decided that we would do our first snow fall cookies TODAY even without the snow because of what you'll read later in the post....so,
first snow fall cookies.....check!
Go through all his clothes in his closet and pack the ones that don't fit...check!
Go through all his TOYS and get rid of the junk!...check!
Take him to his first movie...check! Polar express! :)
Do all the Christmas decorations with him...check!

Things I have yet to do that I want to that I'm sure might not get done...
Get caught up in his scrapbook....yeah right!
Start and finish his christmas shopping....I *REALLY* need to do this!
I'm sure there are more! I'm just drawing a blank.

Of course get all the one on one time I can with him before it is more difficult to have one on one time.

You see, we realized last night that we might not have much time left in this pregnancy (and of course, we might have 5 1/2 weeks!)
I started contracting last night around 5pm...every 10ish minutes, down to every 7ish minutes, down to every 5ish minutes. At 7:49(I started writing them down at that time) they were coming like clockwork every 3 minutes lasting between 55 and 70 seconds. They were bearable, but definetly stronger than any of the previous times I started contracting. EVERY three minutes. I stopped keeping track at about 8:50 and told Dave to call his mom to be on standby, and went to take a bath.
Well folks, the bath slowed them down to every 7ish minutes, then 10ish and then they completely fizzled out. You gotta wonder, if I would have went in would they have stopped? Did I dialate any? I was pretty bummed! Not that I am ready mind you, but when they are coming one on top of another, you make yourself ready!
Its really funny too because yesterday morning was the morning I decided to start the hospital bag! I packed the baby stuff, Daves stuff, and as much of my stuff as I could. Then, to have all those contractions come! It was it! Or so we thought!
So, I went to bed hoping to be woken up in the middle of the night with contractions, and while I WAS woken up in the middle of the night, it was only for one of my nightly bathroom runs.
I have had a few contractions today. Well, at least 2-4 an hour, but not nearly as painful as they were last night.
I have my weekly appt tomorrow.
(oooh! contraction as I type)
Another issue I'm having is I feel as though my pelvic bones are splitting right down the middle. Its hard to explain, but I can barely stand on one foot without excruciating pain. Getting dressed hurts like hell, and I have to be sitting down. Getting out of the shower is almost impossible. Because of this pain I called my doctor yesterday morning and he put me on 'bedrest' until Wednesdays appt. Lets just say that isn't happening! I'm over 36 weeks first of all! i'm not bed resting! I'll take it easy, yes, but no way am I bed resting! Plus its just not possible! We HAD to make cookies today! just in case! (Actually, they are just snowmen shaped rice crispy treats that we decorated like snowmen) and I had to go to walmart to get a few things that I still needed for the baby!
I will be hanging out with my parents this afternoon, so I'll be able to take it easy then.
I'm debating wanting and internal tomorrow or not. It could go either way! I could be a bit dialated and be excited, or not have changed at all and be a little sad!
We'll see what the good old doc has to say!
Anyway, I know this was just a ramble post, sorry for the boring post!
I'll post an update after my appt!
I also get my strep b results tomorrow! I hope they are negative!


4 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

I hope your appointment goes well tomrrow. Please keep us updated!

2:33 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Just wanna say Jen methinks you are going to have a tax deduction.
oh! I can't wait.
And what a sweet tradition the first snowfall cookies. If we had a "first" snowfall, I'd do that, too.
Take good care of yourself. I know you've got a lot to do, but rest, rest, rest =)

3:39 PM

 
Blogger Linda said...

Sounds like you have gotten a lot of things done off of your checklist, which is a great thing!

It also sounds like you will be having a baby soon!

Even though it sucks getting "checked" at the doctor, I always found myself anticipating it to see how far dialated I was.

Keep us posted on how your doctor's appt went.

7:42 AM

 
Blogger ErinMary said...

Oooo! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait 'til the next 34 weeks when I'm the one waiting to go into labor! Your little one will be 7 months old by then. Take it easy, I remember that awful pelvic pain. It felt like the baby's head was already between my legs!
-Erin

12:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home