The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

36 weeks...

and boy...do I FEEL 36 weeks! (Kether...36!)
I am no longer on niphedapine for contractions, and the doctor said whenever I go into labor he will not stop it. I'm still sure I will be 40+ weeks, but hey...we'll play along with the doc, right?
I've actually been having on and off contractions since last night. Nothing regular, but they haven't stopped either.
I'm sure they are just B.H.'s, but still its at that point where you think, 'could this be it?'
Trust me, its not 'it' yet!
Last weeks appt I had my strep B test, so I'll find out the results of that at Wednesdays appt.
As a spur of the moment decision, my MIL offered to keep Logan over night for us last night, so we could celebrate a test that Dave passed. (He's getting Cisco certified)
So WE had a night to ourselves! I literally can not remember the last night we had alone! Oh, wait...I can! September for our anniversary, but STILL it seems like such a long time ago!
We dropped him off around 5:30 and went out to dinner. Went to a yummy southwestern place and ate waay too much food! I did skip the yummy pumpkin praeline cheesecake though! I was proud of myself for that. (Secretly sad about it too! haha)
We they went to Borders AND Barns and Nobles to look for Daves next study book. While at Barns and Nobles, we decided to get some hot chocolate and sit and read some books and magazines. It was something that we would have done in our previous non parent lives, and it was so relaxing and fun! I looked at 2 GREAT scrapbooking magazines, and of course my geek of a husband (winking here) got this huge ass book called, "History of the World"...reeallly exciting!! He wound up buying the Divinci Code. Anyone read it? I think I'll probably read it first as he is busy with his study books first.
They, as Dave was almost falling asleep at 8:30 (could have been the book selection, no?) we decided to go rent a movie. I was EXTREMELY swollen, or we would have gone to the theater. I wanted to be able to put my feet up and be comfy, so we just rented. We got Mystic River. It was pretty good. I really like Sean Pean though. (did I spell that right?)
We were up until MIDNIGHT! I haven't seen midnight in months and months and months!
We got to sleep in until 8am and have long showers and breakfast before picking up Logan. It was a great night, and I really felt ready to tackle the world today! UNTIL...
I had a horrible headache, my feet/ankles/hands/face was all totally swollen. I felt like I was going to get sick. It was awful! I was able to lay in bed from about 12:30-almost 6:00pm with a bath in between. My blood pressure was fine, so I wasn't too worried, just annoyed.
I'm feeling much better now.
But being 36 weeks, you think anything could be the beginning of something! Part of me wants to remain pregnant for another 4-6 weeks just because I KNOW I'll never EVER be pregnant again. Thats sad!
But then another part of me wants to meet this baby SO bad I can hardly stand it! I want to look in his eyes and touch his cheek. I want to labor! Those of you who are going to be in labor for the first time...you have no idea what an impacting life changing event you are about to endure! Yes, parts of it SUCK! I know! I was in labor for 27 1/2 hrs and pushed for 4 1/2. I got 3rd degree tears, but after all of it, I can't WAIT to know its really time! I can't wait to witness my body doing what it should be (epidural in of course!) and to be able to push this little (or big) boy out! I can't WAIT!
Plus, I'll be honest...Its hard being this pregnant. I hurt. I ache. I can't sleep at night, my tailbone pops every time I roll over. My pelvic bones feel like they are literally seperating. I can't move very well. And darnit! I'm down to 2 pair of pants and two shirts that actually fit!
THEN, I really need the basement to be finished before he decides to come, and we're only at the trim getting delievered this week and HOPEFULLY carpet then next week. Still have a ways to go there.
But really, I don't know what I want more! To savor these last weeks of pregnancy, or to give this baby his eviction notice! Good thing he gets to make that decision, huh?
So, thats where I sit. 36 weeks pregnant. Anxious, in love with someone I've never laid my eyes on before, ready to be a mommy again!
Time will tell what and when something happens, right?

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

When it happens I am sending you lots of quick and easy labor vibes!!!! Can't wait to see this little man!!! Hard to believe you are 36 weeks ALREADY!!!! I am so excited for you. As for me .. I will be 23 weeks in like an hour and a half .. and I just want to know whether I am having a little girl or a little boy .. lol .. time will tell .. this baby is a sneaky one .. 3 ultrasounds already and still no glimpse between the legs.

9:49 PM

 
Blogger Linda said...

Funny how I was just having a conversation like this with a friend of mine. She was debating if she had the chance to schedule a date of arrival if she would pick 3 weeks early or to go on time.

I told her that I chose the 3 weeks early. 3 weeks less of being pregnant. 3 weeks less of gaining more weight. 3 weeks less of waiting to meet this amazing little person you have inside of you. 3 weeks less of the baby getting even bigger. (My baby was a big girl 8.2 - two weeks early)

Although, if you have things that are not in place, then I understand wanting/needing to wait those three weeks too!

I am wishing you all the good luck possible with an easy labor and delivery!!

10:52 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Oh Jen...36 weeks...I can't believe it. Time is going sooo fast!
I'm glad you had a great night out together. So your Dave is reading "The History of the World"...mine is reading the World History Encyclopaedia. Yes, Encyclopaedia--so I get to find out all these new and interesting historical facts in alphabetical order!
The DaVinci code was good. I didn't read it for a long time because I work at a college and everyone was talking about it and how fantastic it was and, truth be told, I didn't know what it was and I assumed it was some pretentious crap that I wouldn't care about. I didn't know it was a plain, old mystery --albeit a good one. When I finally did read it, I read it in one day and really enjoyed it.
Soon we'll all be guessing when you're going into labor. Your due date must be sometime in the first week in January? Mine's Feb 2, so I guess we're just 4.2 weeks apart. I keep thinking that, but somehow I'm incapable of adding 4.2 to my weeks.
here's to hoping your basement gets done really fast...in case that little boy wants to come on time. =)

11:00 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Linda...3 weeks less on the weight gain is a REALLY good thing! I seem to gain the most weight at the end. (secretly telling myself it is ALL water weight...yeah, right?)
I agree though, if I could pick, I probably WOULD want to go at 37 weeks, but yikes! thats next week! haha!
Kether, my actual due date is January 1st! New years baby! Either that or a tax credit baby! :):)
YOU are moving really fast too! I can't believe it!!
And steph, you poor thing! This might be one of those babies that wants to be a suprise up until the delivery day! :)
Thats fun too though, we did that with Logan, but we chose to do that. I can see how it would be sad to WANT to know and not to know!

1:53 PM

 
Blogger ErinMary said...

Yay, 36 weeks! Isn't it great to know you're full term now, and it's okay if you go into labor? I was one of those women who never complained about being pregnant, and didn't want it to hurry and be done, until about 36-37 weeks. Then I was like, okay, had 'bout enough. But I think that's the way we're supposed to feel at that point, there's only so much our bodies can take.
On the other hand, I know what you mean because we will probably only have 2 children. It really is closing an amazing chapter in your life...inevitably it's a little sad.
I can't wait until you're posting pictures of your new baby, along with a wonderful birth story! It's so exciting.

2:47 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

WOW!! 46 weeks??!! Time flies! Your night with dh sounds like fun! Glad that you could enjoy yourselves!

Hang in there, it son't be long now. Enjoy every moment. Oh, I can't wait to hear all about it!! And I can't wait to see pictures of Kermit!! ; )

I'm reading DaVinci Code right now. It's good. I, too, wasn't interested itially because of all of the hype. But it's good. It reads like a Law & Order episode--short chapters, many cliffhangers.

4:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home