The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Monday, December 13, 2004

And here I sit...

well, not SIT really, just for this post...
I started getting contractions right before bed last night, but went to bed around 10pm. I was never in a deep sleep because I kept getting contractions. Ones I could feel in my back.
I was up a few times to use the bathroom, and they would still come.
I was up at 11:30, 1:30, 3:30, L woke up at 4:30 to use the bathroom and finally I got out of bed at 5:00am. Not once do I think I fully fell asleep.
I was still contracting at 5:00am, and was so hungry.
I just ate some toast, and guess what? The contractions are slowing down.
How frustrating to know that I got NO sleep last night, D's alarm is going to go off in about 10 minutes and we'll start our day and D will go to work. L will be well rested, and I'll be ready to go to bed.
This last month can be so frustrating! Am I in labor? I'm guessing not! Don't you wish there was a sure sign so that you know?
Ugh!

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Oh, hun, I'm so sorry that you didn't get any sleep last night! But hang in there, he'll be here soon!! Besides, you promised your doc that you wouldn't go into labor while he was away!!

(((Hugs)))

7:51 AM

 
Blogger ErinMary said...

Oh, man. Not getting any sleep is the worst. I hope you can get some rest, rest up for labor! Rest up for spending your first day just staring at your newborn!
I was lucky that I never had any "false" labor. My first contraction hurt like hell and I had a baby in my arms a little over 12 hours later.
I hope your contractions stop altogether until they are ready to start for real!
-Erin

1:03 PM

 
Blogger Linda said...

I am also sorry that you didn't get much sleep last night! I hope that you are able to get more rest tonight. I wish I had more encouraging words for you, but I am keeping everything crossed for you that your labor goes quickly!

2:59 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

You're going to have a tax deduction! Just don't do it while the good doctor is away!
I'm so sorry it keeps coming and going and you aren't getting any sleep. Sending relaxing vibes and easy-good doctor-pushhimoutyourself-labor vibes, too!

8:36 PM

 
Blogger Crista said...

Certainly sounds like it will be soon...wouldn't it be great if there were a pee-test you could take (like an OPK) that would show if you're within days of delivery? haha...you'll make it. Hope you catch up on your sleep soon, though!

11:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home