The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Back from the big ultrasound...

And let me tell you, last night was interesting.
I think the baby KNEW he was in the wrong position! We (dave and I) both talked to him and asked him to flip..haha! Geeks, aren't we?
About 8:30 or so I looked as though I had aliens trying to come out of my belly!
This boy was trying SO hard to get comfy! He was moving harder than I have ever felt or seen.
I went to bed around 10:30 and he was still a moving!
Well, today at the u/s we found out he is HEAD DOWN!
you have NO idea how relieved I am! :)
They did a fetal weight estimate too, and yes...I know they can be really off at this point, but I was so glad she did one. I think they are fun! And it gives you an image in your head about what size your baby is.
We kindof sweet talked her into doing it, as it wasn't on the orders, but this baby is already measuring in at an 'estimated' 7lbs 4oz! With still 3 1/2 weeks to go! Yozers!
I think, if I DO go to term I'll be looking at a 10 lb-er!
And only being 5'3" and 130pre-preg...you can only imagine the stretch marks i have so far! :)
But, pushing Logan, who was 8lbs 13oz, for 4 1/2 hrs kindof scares me to think what it would be like to push out a 10 lb-er! Although, being my 2nd, I'm stretched out now, so it should be easier!
So, any time now little man, any time! :):)
Thanks for the good thoughts yesterday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

YAAYY!!! I'm so glad that he turned for you!!! And those weight predicitions are so unreliable!!! I've not met one baby who matches theirs yet! I'm just so happy to hear you talking about pushing again!!
(((Hugs)))

3:32 PM

 
Blogger ErinMary said...

What a good little boy you have there! He knows what he needs to do. I'm so happy for you.
-Erin

4:06 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

What a great appt :) Sounds like you are growing a big un!!! We make big babies too so I know how ya feel. Sending you quick easy labor vibes when it does happen :)

7:23 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I guess he got the turning vibes I was sending today!
YAY!!! Jen I am so so happy that you're going to be able to push him out all by yourself!
Omigosh, so, so soon!

10:27 PM

 
Blogger Linda said...

I am so glad that he turned for you!!

I am still wishing you to have a good labor and delivery!

12:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, thank goodness!

Did they check out your cervix? With the results of your last report, I don't think you'll have long to wait. Which means obsessive blog checking for me. :)

Julia
Uncommon Misconception

8:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home