The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Friday, December 10, 2004

Stood up...

yep! I'm a loser tonight, thats for sure.
Planned a dinner date with one of my oldest girlfriends for this evening. The same girlfriend that is actually my nurse. She was going to call on Wed or Thursday to finalize plans. When she hadn't called by this afternoon, I called and left her a voice mail.
No call...nothing...nada...stood up!
That sure makes you feel special, I'm sure you'd agree huh?
But, its actually OK!
D and Lo planned on eating over at his mom's anyway, so I'm home alone.
I went to the scrap store to pick up a few things, and picked myself up a yummy sub and actually ate in the peace and quiet of my house.
But that gets me thinking. I have never ever in my life stood anyone up. Never would even cross my mind to do something like that!
Yet, its happened to me on a few occasions and not by mere aquaintances, but actual FRIENDS.
I'm not sure what goes through your head when you are going to stand someone up.
Do you realize ahead of time and just can't find the words to call and say, "I can't go/come/etcc.." So basically you'd rather the person get ready, get excited about going where ever you were going to go and then just wait?
I've just never understood that.
So, on Wednesday at my appt I get to pretend that nothing happened. I'm not one to say anything, so nothing will be said.
The thing IS people...don't tempt a pregnant woman a night out, husband-less, child-less to enjoy good food and conversation and then take it away from her!
I'm a bit bitter, even though you should hear how wonderful my silence sounds in my house right now!!
On the baby news, Mr. man is a moving and a shaking!
My doctor (have I said how much I love him as my doctor) called me today. Yes, the DOCTOR called to just re tell me the u/s showed the baby was head down. he said the the weight on the u/s could be plus or minus a pound in either direction. At 7lbs 4oz estimated, I'll go for the pound LESS! haha! He then just wanted to inform me that he is 'signing out' for the weekend to go away with his wife and two young children. (I'd guess he's 31 or 32 yrs old) and if I were to go into labor he'd have a co-worker step in. He told me they were residents together and he was really a good doctor. He said, "I don't want you to think I'm abandoning you or anything if something happened. But, if at all possible, I'd rather you wait until Monday if you feel the need to go into labor early!" He's a riot! I seriously feel so blessed to have him as my doctor!
I don't know any doctor that would take the time to call someone who most likely will not be going into labor just to inform her that he wouldn't be around, but that he cared!
And to think, I didn't want to have him as my doc because of his age. I just felt how could he be experienced enough, AND who wants a person who is just a couple years older than you doing pelvic exams and cervix checks right! He's great!
Well ladies, I'm off to do a little vegging before L and D get back. Honestly, despite my bitterness towards my friend I really am in the mood for just some relaxing tonight.
I've got my favorite sweats on (because nothing else fits!) and a nice big couch calling my name!
Have a wonderful weekend!! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

I hope you are able to enjoy the silence. It might be one of the last alone times you have in awhile. I think you needed it---time just for you.
I don't understand people, friends, family who stand people up like that. I'm a planner and once I make plans my mind is firmly set. If it makes you feel any better, my dad "forgot" we were all going out to dinner to celebrate my wedding anniversary and made dinner plans with MY BOSS. I was looking forward to a night out on dad's tab!

7:09 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Well, I'm sorry that you were stood up, but I'm glad that you got some precious time to yourself. Your doc sounds great! I hope that he had a good weekend, too!

(((Hugs)))

3:41 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

sorry you got stood up. But a nice night home alone in the peace and calm ain't such a bad thing either!!!!

As for your Dr. He sounds awesome :)

6:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding health net insurance and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) Jennifer your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on health net insurance was way off when compared to Stood up... and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for health net insurance for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really started getting into it.
P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at health net insurance. You never know you may find some good deals!

8:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on health insurance nashville I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to Stood up..., but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about health insurance nashville. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!

9:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home