The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Lack of sleep means lack of creativity...

I don't know how moms of 2+ do it! With Logan, I could nap when I wanted to, when he was asleep. Miles is ALWAYS asleep, but of course LOGAN is not.
He naps for ONE hour at 12:30, and usually Miles is feeding at that time.
Dave is back at work, but he still does a night feeding which is so helpful, but I sitll wake up.
Take last night for instance. I went to bed at 10pm. Woke up at 12:30am even though it was Daves turn to feed him I still got up and changed Miles' diaper while Dave made the bottle. I was still awake when Dave came back to bed at 1:15.
4:00am...my turn to feed Miles.
He takes FOREVER to drink 3 ounces. I'm talking an HOUR! Logan was such a guzzler it was a 15-20 minute thing. Not my little Miles!
So, it was 5:10 when I crawled back into bed.
The alarm went off at 6:00am, and Dave took a shower.
I got up at 6:15, EVEN though both kids were still sleeping becuase if I don't, I don't get a shower, and I am one of those people who NEEDS a shower in the morning.
I am SO tired from getting up 3 times a night already and Miles is only 2 weeks old!
Lets hope the 3 hr feeding starts to go to 4 hrs and 5 hrs in the near future or my sleep deprived state might not make it! (kidding of course...all part of the game! And in all honesty, cuddling an extra hour with Miles is wonderful, I'd just rather it be at an hour where the SUN is up! haha)

I go in for my eye appt in a couple hrs to see if the fluid is gone.
My blurred vision is getting better, my VISION vision however is not. I can't see the clock on the stove just 15ish feet away.
They said I probably have permanent eye damage...bleh...which means I'll have to pay an arm and a leg for some new glasses...

Logan will be starting preschool NEXT tuesday and thursday mornings.
He will have circle time, SPANISH class for 30 min a day, and COMPUTER lab for 30 minutes a day. He'll also either play outside everyday or in the 'gym' (really the big basement room.
Its not the NICEST place in town, but then again, we can't really afford the nicest place in town.
We figure its a great place, and its only for 4 months until summer! Next year he'll be in the public school district.
It will be nice for him, nice for me, and nice for Miles too! Miles deserves a little one on one mommy time like Logan got. Even if it IS only a couple hrs a week.

Kether...I'm watching you! You're getting SOOOO close! Can't wait to 'meet' Mr. Liam and read all about your birth story!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Sending the boys some "Let mama sleep vibes!". I'm not looking forward to the lack of sleep thing either. I'm sure we will survive though maybe with not as many brain cells intact!!!

Sorry to hear that your eyes are giving you trouble :( Hopefully it's nothing that can't be fixed by a new prescription.

7:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home