The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Let nobody tell you its easier with two?

because they are lying!
There is a lot of baby adjustment going on in the blogging world lately...Tertia,Julia, and soon we'll be reading about the life changing events from Kether.
Let me tell you a bit about MY life these days.
We'll go straight to the 4:45ish feeding this morning. Miles didn't give me any warning grunts and groans and started with the wails immediatly. I ran in, made his bottle and grabbed him and stuck the bottle in his wailing mouth as quickly as I could as to not wake up LOGAN who would think that 4:45 was a perfectly good time to get up for good. I then notice an excessive warmth exceeding his nice swaddled blanket. I come to realize that it is SOAKED! So, I put Miles on the changing table with only the nightlight as to not wake him up any further (duh!) and start to undress him, trying ever so hard to keep the bottle in his mouth, and do everything one handed. Thats when I noticed the smell of POOP. So, the wailing begins and I completely undress him change him, clean him up and REDRESS him. We then settle in for a good 45 minutes to feed him. Yes, it takes 45 minutes or more for him to eat 3oz. After a good swaddling, he looked peaceful enought to stay asleep. I happily crawled back into bed at almost 6am praying that I could fall asleep just for a few minutes before the alarm went off at 6:25. At 6:05, Logan comes in to wake me up. Lovely. 4 1/2 hrs of sleep. Not to mention that Logan has a massive cold and the way he woke me up is, "mommy...I have boogies"
Later that morning, Dave leaves for work and Miles is starting to get hungry. I still haven't gotten Logan his breakfast, so I quick make him some cinnamon toast and apples and milk. Then I make Miles bottle...a good hour passes until he's done eating and poof! its 9:30 already! Did I eat breakfast? No, but I did have 3 cups of coffee, so I guess thats good enough, huh?
Later in the morning, Logan and I are about to play trucks when Miles decides to poop...again. During Mile's late morning bottle, LOGAN decides its time to poop. Yes, it takes talent for someone to hold an infant while propping the bottle under the chin so she has at least one hand to help pull down pants and underpants. Then, trying to get Logan to balance on the too big for him stepstool and gently and slowly sit down so he doesn't fall OFF the toliet. Oh, and wiping? Yes, I can also wipe and hold and feed Miles at the same time. Great vision, huh?
THEN, when Logan and I start eating lunch, guess what? MILES decides its time to poop, yet again...
Of course, Logan goes down for his nap and guess who's hungry? So, I feed Miles and pray he eats fast so I can close my eyes for 20 minutes before Logan wakes up. Just as he finishes and looks like he could snooze with me, we settle in the couch and start to drift off until I hear footsteps upstairs. Yes, Logan is awake. No breakfast, a horsed down lunch, and no nap.
"Nap when your baby naps..." Yeah...right!
I'm lucky if I get my teeth brushed and my hair done!
So I have a sick Logan and now Miles is starting to get congested and has green boogies also. Now I'm worried about him getting RSV.
Those of you who are having your first, make sure you nap when your baby naps, because believe me, you'll need it!
I'm 3 1/2 weeks into a complete sleep deprived life. Just think, only a few months more and we MIGHT be getting some sleep around here!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Ok I need all the tips I can get! I'll be having 2 myself coming up very quickly. Although it's scary for me to read, I'm glad you tell it like it is.

2:59 PM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Yeah but I heard by the time you have THREE you're so delirious that it doesn't matter...ha ha ha ha! Just kidding...hang in there! :)

4:18 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

I am not worthy!! You are an awesome mom!!! And I really wish that I could bring over a casserole (or take out), and sit with the boys while you shower, nap, or whatever you need to do for yourself!

Is there anyone that you can call to help? Even if they can just prepare some ready-made meals?

Hang in there. You're doing great!

(((Hugs)))

5:10 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

LOL .. I have a feeling you are my future self in 10 or 11 weeks .. Scary!!! Hope you find some time to rest in there somewhere!!!

9:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of more than one! LOL It is tough at first. The no sleep think goes out the window. Be glad that Logan still naps! Hadleigh hasn't napped in over 18 months!! LOL At least you get a little bit of a break and only have 1 to deal with. lol

It will get better. I think Miles is doing great only getting up every 3 hours! It will quickly become 4 and then 5 hours. Although, I wish someone would tell Sawyer that. He still wakes up every night once or twice and he will be 11 months old next week!!

I agree with the posted that said when you have THREE, it all gets thrown out the window! LOL I can't tell you when I slept a 4 hour stretch last!! Ashton and Hadleigh will also sometimes wake up!! You just learn how to function on sleep deprivation! LOL

Hang in there!

Steph

9:20 AM

 
Blogger Info for you said...

Hang in there!! It is hard at first but it does get easier. My first 2 were 17 mths apart!!!
Oh and the 3 thing....well what's 1 more!! I'll let you know when I hit 4 how that goes too. :)

You are doing great!!! :) I'm impressed about being able to wipe a bum and hold a baby at the same time! LOL
That takes skill.

7:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home