The everyday life of a stay at home mom just trying to stay sane.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Mark H. Rosen



2996
2,996 is a tribute to the victims of 9/11.
On September 11, 2006, 2,996 volunteer bloggerswill join together for a tribute to the victims of 9/11.
Each person will pay tribute to a single victim.
We will honor them by remembering their lives,and not by remembering their murderers.

Mark H. Rosen
45 years old, West Islip, N.Y., USA, partner, fixed income division, Sandler O'Neill & Partners, Confirmed dead, World Trade Center, at/in building

When doing research on Mr. Rosen, the above is all I could find. I was able to find a picture of him, but unfortunately, as I'm writing this, the website is down.
I found out that Mark was married. His wifes name is Patty. It didn't appear that they had any children.
I wish that I knew more about Mr. Rosen. I found a half sentence from a link that no longer worked. It said something to the fact, "Mark love to surprise Patty each Christmas by dressing up like Santa...."
It made me smile. It made me know that I would have liked Mr. Rosen very much.
So, as I'm left to honor this man, I had only the thoughts in my head. What did I think he was like?
I knew he was an intelligent man. He was a partner in the fixed income division of Sandler O Neill & Partners.
I knew he was a man with a sense of humor. In the picture of him that I saw, I could see that he would have made a very fine looking Santa. He looked as though he had a contagious laugh.
I knew he was an honorable man. I assume that Patty, his wife was his life.
I think he must have been a private man. I was sad that there were not more tributes to him on the many 9/11 sites. I was hoping to read stories of his friendships with others.
I know that he was too young to die.
I know that he had a lifetime to share with Patty, and I'm sad that it was taken away.
While I was unable to find any real stories to share about Mr. Rosen, I will tell you that the few sentences that I did find changed me. I was able to pick one of the 2996 and really concentrate on that person. When you think of 2996 people, it's overwhelming. When I think of one person, Mr. Rosen, it's changes how I look at 9/11.
2996 is a bone chilling number of people who died. Each person had a story. I encourage you to read some of the tributes and really really let it sink in what a loss it was to our country and our people.
What I feel Mr. Rosen was like may be completely wrong, but this is what I imagine. I imagine him as someone you might not 'see' as you are walking down the street. Especially in NYC. He isn't one to stand out in the crowd. However, I feel that when you really got to know him, he was unforgettable. How many men can pull off dressing like Santa every year without having a heart of gold.
Mrs. Rosen, I'm deeply sorry that you had to lose your husband at such a very young age. When thinking about 9-11 from now until forever, I will remember your husband.

9 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

It's hard to realize that there is no record of so many of these people we're honoring. I think that makes what we're doing that much more important.

Tribute to Christopher Paul Slattery

12:31 AM

 
Blogger graymama said...

That was a very sweet tribute! My tribute for Thomas E. Sinton III is here.

8:56 AM

 
Blogger Heather said...

Thank you for sharing Mark Rosen with us - I know it is tough when information is hard to find but appreciate that you will not let him be forgotten.

I remember Steven Hagis

1:36 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for letting there be another remembrance of Mark through your tribute. Someone will come across this one day and be thankful for your kind words.

1:39 PM

 
Blogger Raggedy said...

Wonderful Tribute!
Thank you.
These are sad and hard to read....
I am honored to be a part of this project.
Mine is posted also...

The 2996 link is down. I have a new link on my site to view the participants.

Bless you…

3:28 PM

 
Blogger kateandjona said...

It's hard to find information on "regular people"!

Thank you for sharing your words.

Jonathon's Closet remembers Robert Levine.

9:01 PM

 
Blogger Mark Base said...

You did a great job on this.
Your tribute was obviously a sincere and heartfelt one.

Nice one.

I remember Theresa "Ginger" Risco here:
http://mdabase.blogspot.com

6:26 AM

 
Blogger Michele said...

A beautiful tribute. I am remembering William Weems and after this I will never forget him!
thanks

11:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for honouring Mark.

I participated as well.

6:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home